Link had landed on the grass like a cat who had fallen from a tree. He stood back up, seeing that the beast was stunned. Once Calamity Ganon was out of it, its sight was on Link, looking like he was about to stomp him.

Link was trying to run away as fast as he could, but the foot was coming in close. It felt like he wasn't going to make it, still running wherever his feet would take him. He felt someone close in on him, using their power to protect him. "Daruk!"

Daruk was using every ounce of his power, trying to hold Calamity Ganon's foot. "Go on, little guy! You need to get back to the others!"

"But what about you?!"

"Don't worry about me! Just go!"

Hesitating for a moment, Link had stepped out of the shield, running as fast as he could to the others. Daruk felt like he was losing power as the foot was slowly starting to crack his protection shell. The shell broke around Daruk, in result, having him squished down underneath the beast's foot.

Link turned around, seeing the horrible sight of one of his good friends losing their life. "Daruk!"

The remaining champions, Thalia, Rowan, and Zelda were all in utter shock, witnessing the lost of their comrade. Zelda had her hand over her mouth, feeling herself trembling. "No... Daruk..."

Urbosa placed her hand on Zelda's shoulder, having Zelda turn to her. "You mustn't let this effect you, Zelda. Daruk has gave his life to have us continue fighting." Her eyes started to waver, looking like she was pained about her fellow champion's sacrifice. "We must fight on."

Zelda bit her lip and nodded. "You're right. We must somehow defeat him. We need to come up with another plan."

As Zelda said that, they saw these eight legged robots start to come from behind Calamity Ganon. They were giant, but not as giant as Calamity Ganon. They had a red dot at the top center of them. More kept appearing.

Thalia's eyes trembled at the sight. "What are those things..?"

Rowan was shocked at the sight. "Guardians... They're supposed to aid us..." It had looked like he had realized something. "This must've been part of his plan! To turn the guardians against us to make it challenging to defeat him!"

Thalia held her sword tightly, trembling on the spot. "We're outnumbered..."

Urbosa shook her head. "It doesn't mean our chances are lost. We can still fight. Don't give up hope."

Thalia looked down at her sword, also seeing the tattoo was growing on her arm. With her eyes wavering, she closed them, inhaling and exhaling deeply. "You're right. We need to somehow defeat these guardians since they will only get in our way to defeat Calamity Ganon."

Rowan placed a hand on Thalia's shoulder, holding his sword in his other hand. "It will be hard since these guardians can lock their target on you and shoot lasers at you." He started to grunt in pain as well as Thalia. Since Thalia was wearing something that didn't cover her arms, the tattoo was growing, gradually reaching their upper chest.

Zelda grunted at the sight, seeing her two dear friends suffering from the tattoo curse. "We have to hurry. Link! Will you be able to stop those guardians?"

Link nodded. "I can and I will."

"Don't forget about us." Revali said, taking out a bow. "We are the champions after all."

Urbosa nodded, taking out a scimitar. "He's right, you know. Don't leave us out of this."

Mipha took out a trident. "I will fight along your side as well."