A Raven's Feathers

After seeing the man in the woods, I wasn't in the mood to go deal with Blair's bullshit. So I didn't. I drifted through the woods, in no particular direction. I passed over a lake, which was now gleaming silver in the moonlight. The lake looked clean, and there was nobody nearby, so I quickly landed behind a tree and shifted back. There was a small flash of golden light, as always when returning to one's true form, and I shook out my dark hair. I was wearing my assassin's suit, which was basically a bad ass black suit with about a thousand hidden blades. I grimaced. There was still dried blood from my last 'errand' from Blair. I quickly pulled it off, rinsing it, before going into the lake myself.

 I sighed at the familiar feel of the cool water, gently cleaning any of the blood that had seeped through my suit. I walked further into the water and shifted into an otter, chirping before diving deep and swimming around cheerfully. Exhausted, I came back up, shifting back to put my suit back on before returning to raven form to head back. I reached the giant glass doors silently, using the hidden door for when I am in my raven form. I shifted back in my room, and changed into a comfortable blue summer dress. Resigned, I headed out to report to Blair. 

-----

I sat in the plush, red velvet chair and stretched out. "So? Is dear Lord Jacos dead?" Blair was standing over me, just as demanding as ever. I rolled my eyes. "Since when do you doubt my work, Blair? Have I ever failed you?" Blair smirked, turning away. "Your debt is almost paid." I stared her down from behind. "And your point is?" She turned back around. "I want you to keep working for me." I blinked. Once. Twice. "No." She turned furious. "You are going to, or I am going to start sending you on the most awful missions I can think  up." I cringed inwardly, but didn't give her an inch. "And why would that bother me?" I raised one perfectly slanted eyebrow. Blair grinned. "Well, I do know how much you hate being a courtesan." Shit. I smiled, putting on my mask. "And who will I be pleasuring this time? A family friend? Your nonexistent husband?" Her grin grew so wide I thought her face would split. "Anyone who pleases. You are going to earn the rest of your debt by working in a nighthouse."