Why me? Part 2 (edited)

Ok, I really like how this is going, as a story. Enjoy!!

edit: and bam rewritten pt 2!! hope you like it <3

Tony's frozen.

Steve is freaking out a little bit. This was his big plan, to ask Tony out and they could go to a cute restaurant on Valentine's Day, even if it was tacky.

"Tony?" Steve asks. "I don't want to pressure you or anything, but could you maybe say something? Even if that something is 'no'."

"Why would I say no?" Tony says, finally bringing his eyes up to meet Steve's. "You're incredible."

"But?" Steve prompts, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"But I'm not." Tony says. "I'm broken. I'm a mess. You deserve so much better than-" Tony gestures at himself and Steve reaches up to grab his hands.

"You're not. Tony, you're not broken. You might be a bit of a mess sometimes, but you aren't broken and what I deserve is up to me. And I want you."

"But- but-"

"Tony, do you realize how incredible you are?" Steve says. He thinks back to all the times Tony has saved his life. "You built a functioning arc reactor while being held hostage by terrorists! You invented the first AI, and then proceeded to create Vision!"

"By first creating Ultron! And I wouldn't have been held hostage if I didn't start out making weapons! All the good I've done is because I was cleaning up my messes. You wouldn't say someone was being generous by cleaning up their own vomit, would you?" Tony demands.

"That's not what you're doing. You're trying to make the world better. You saw that your weapons were hurting people and you changed your company to making clean energy. You tried to make a JARVIS that could help the world and you tried to make an AI that could prevent the world from an alien invasion. You flew a nuc into a portal and almost died. Tony, you were willing to sacrifice yourself from day one. Maybe you don't deserve me, but I sure as hell don't deserve you."

Tony laughs. "Language, Cap."

"So, whadda say?" Steve asks, smiling. "Dinner tomorrow night? Just the two of us?"

Tony blushes and nods. "Sounds perfect." He leans forward and kisses Steve softly.

A slow clapping from behind Tony has the two breaking apart.

"You know, I only came back because I forgot my phone, but I'm so glad that I left." She says.

"Hey, Nat." Steve lifts one hand before realizing he's still holding Tony's hand. Steve blushes and looks down at their intertwined fingers.

Natasha makes a gagging noise and heads over to the couch. She grabs her phone off the armrest and pockets it.

"Now, the real question is do I need to put in earplugs or are you two going to be pg-13."

Tony wasn't sure Steve could get any redder.

"Yes, Nat. We're just going to watch the movie. Calm down." Tony says. Natasha snorts and walks out of the room again.

"So, what's the dress code for tomorrow?" Tony asks, facing Steve once more. "Suit and tie?"

Steve nods. "Sounds perfect." 

if you haven't realized i'm updating the a/n's as well, bc they don't fit anymore 

so please vote and comment and all that fun stuff 

(also i have a tiktok it's a good time if you wanna find me, it's @valleyval_cosplay) 

xoxo val