Sixteen

"She hasn't woken up yet." Ryan mumbled as Ollie passed him. Noan said she was in a coma. That her essence had been drained. He'd sit with her for an hour to just, talk. He'd talked to Blue when he'd been returned, Noan killed the woman with him.

"It's three months today." He mumbled, Natalie didn't stir, she never seemed to stir. Even opening her door would have her on her feet and now, nothing. She didn't move at all really. "Noan says your essence is half gone, he says that if you do come back you probably won't be the same for a while, years he said." He nearly fainted when Natalie's hand moved to hold his. "Natalie? Natalie? Are you awake? Ryan!" Ryan pokes his head in the door, "She moved! She moved to hold my hand!" He gave a sad smile and returned to sitting outside the door.

Each of them had a shift to watch over her just incase something happened. Nothing ever did but it was really the only hope they had left. She had a small collection of cards stacked beside her bed, they didn't start coming until the second month hit, then the kids made a set of cards for everyone to sign. And then, today, they asked everyone to make a card, her stack was up to twelve.

Naomi was done. Well, she was more so angry than anything. After a week Noan had moved on like nothing had happened. They kept on their classes and they rarely spoke about Natalie. The little brat had become like her little sister, she wasn't ready to have her taken away. They'd been to late, she was barely holding on when they got there.

Blue spent a lot of time outside. He couldn't go see Natalie because it made him cry and then she started crying even in her coma, and someone would come in and try and comfort him. He didn't want Ryan or York or Cas, he wanted Natalie. He wanted her music. He wanted her to speak to him.

Noan was getting worried. He'd check on Natalie in secret, poking his head in the door to check if anything had happened and then moving on.

Natalie sat up, wiped her eyes and looked around. Cas was asleep on one of the beanbags, she decided to let him sleep. She got up, threw on a hoodie and some sweatpants and moved down the hallway. She was more confused than anything. She remembered being trapped, and the small scars that had popped up on her body were no help, but she also remembered not being able to breath. She went to Noan's office.

He opened the door, half-asleep. "Sorry if I woke you up Noan I just-" He looked shocked, "Are you alright? I'm sorry- go back to sleep I'll come back in the morning I really-" she gasped as he pulled her into a hug. He let go, wiping his eyes with a smile. "A lot of us were sure you weren't going to wake up." She frowned, "I don't think I understand, what happened? What did I do?" He paused and glanced down the hallway, "Aza could probably bring it back up but we'll see tomorrow. You think it over, just try and remember."

Natalie turned the corner and crashed into Cas who was running full speed. "Noan! She's gone! I don't-" He gasped when he finally realized it was her, "Are you real?" He asked quietly and then, not waiting for an answer, grabbed her arms and shook her, "Please tell me your real or let me wake up." Natalie smiled and pulled him into a hug, "I wouldn't leave you hooligans." His laughing turned to sobs. "I missed you so much Nat." Natalie nodded and squeezed him tighter. "I don't remember what happened. Noan said that we might get Aza to help bring my memories forth." Cas nodded, "It's bad, I don't know if you want to-" Natalie stopped, "What?"

Cas explained everything but she just couldn't grasp it, plus a huge chunk was missing from when she was taken to when they found her.

They called Aza the next morning, she walked in front of Honic, both gave her excited smiles. "Your back." Honic mumbled, "I am." He nodded and she and Aza went into Noan's office, the group stood outside.

She was given everything. Aza stood with her hands outstretched behind her. She didn't want anyone else in the room. She sat still the whole time which surprised Aza. From the glimpses she was seeing, it wasn't good.