Only Us

Stacy POV:

Walking away from the mansion was... peaceful to say the least. It felt nice to not be in constant danger but at the same time, we lost Lizzie and Sparklez. We'll never be able to get them back. But they wouldn't want us to dwell on the past, at least I don't think they would. And besides, now it's just me, Dan, and Stampy. What could possibly go wrong?

~A few days later~

After a while of walking, we decided to turn back. It's not like we wanted to go back but it only felt like a good place to stay until we decided what we were going to do next. Dan wanted to bury Lizzie, Sparklez, and TorqueDawgs stuff; Stampy wanted to bake an apology cake for his little 'prank', and all I wanted to do was find a way home. I had enough of all this portal and enchanted flint & steel nonsense.

That morning I decided to sit on the front steps of the mansion. Why? Because I wanted to, and who knows what traps could be lingering around in there. With that, I started thinking about this whole mess.

Things are going to be so weird now. Dan is probably going to be more careful with his stuff from now on. Stampy is probably torn up about all this. And I'm the only girl in the group now, that sounds sketchy. I guess Dan isn't the only one who's missing Lizzie. Huh?

I was suddenly snapped back into reality when I heard someone sit down next to me. Unsurprisingly it was Stampy holding the glowing flint and steel in his hands, not even bothering to look up from it.

"Stacy, this is all my fault," he said, "if I hadn't tried to prank Dan, and hadn't been so selfish, then Lizzie would still be alive! And Sparklez. And TorqueDawg!"

"Stampy, you couldn't have known that this wasn't going to happen. It was all just completely random, you did nothing wrong besides stealing something from Dan." I tried to comfort him. To be honest it wasn't my best skill.

But he protested, "I never should've taken it in the first place! Now, look at what happened! If Jesse and his friends never shown up then things would be worse. I would never be able to make things up to Dan, or you could have been killed. I can't lose another friend Stacy, I just can't. I'll make it up to you and Dan, I promise!"

He gripped onto the enchanted key and threw it on the ground in a huff. You didn't even have to look at Stampy to see the pain he was in. And if you did, you wanted to give him a hug. Because nobody (not even me) wants to see someone like Stampy cry. He has too much innocents to cry. Sure, he stole that dang portal key but no one could have predicted this. Not himself, not Dan, not Lizzie or Sparklez, nor I expected things to play out like this.

I let out a soft sigh trying to come up with something nice and sweet to say. Because that's what Stampy is made out of; sweetness. Recollecting my thoughts I finally came up with something to say, almost holding my breath hoping that it would boost his confidence.

"You know, I don't need more reminders of all this. And I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget. We can just... start over? Just the two of us? Dan can be a part of it too if he chooses to forgive you like I already did."

Stampy just kept looking at the ground, wiping away his tears with his sleeve. Of course, he didn't believe me. Or he was just ignoring me.

"I get it Stampy, I really do. You're scared and afraid of what comes next. All wounds heal with time, this is no different. Try and quiet the noises in your head, because we can't compete with all that. If you want it to, it can just be us. You can choose to adventure by yourself or follow Dan until he forgives you. But right now, I think we can both agree you need a friend right about now. If you're not going to admit that and say something, then I'll be that friend."

When Stampy finally looked up at me his eyes where red, and glossy too. Sniffling he asked, "Do you really mean that? After everything I've d-done?"

"Stampy, I'll follow you to the end and back. Even though any other world in between." I said.

Hearing this caused Stampy to smile. Not his regular goofy smile but the type of smile you only see him use when he eats cake. I couldn't help but smirk a little bit as a response.

Stampy chucked, "So it's just you and me?"

I tried keeping the happy spirit around. It was weird because it was usually the other way around. Stampy trying to cheer me or someone else up.
So in a sing-song tone, I said, "It'll be us, and only us. What came before won't count anymore, or matter. We can try that!"

"I like the sound of that, it won't be so impossible after all. Nobody else but the two of us here. Well... You, me, and Dan!" Stampy chucked some more.

"We'll see about that Stampy, we'll see." I groaned under my breath. Why does Dan have to ruin everything? None the less my smirk turned into a smile. Stampy and I just sat there on the steps talking, waiting for Dan to hurry up. If it wasn't for Dan it would just be us. But who said it can't be only us?