Chapter 16: Everything

After school Changbin basically had to hunt down Yukhei. He wasn't sure what the taller male did whilst at school, but he ended up finding him sitting under the bleachers outside.

"What the hell? I've been looking for you for a goddamn hour," Changbin said as soon as he locked eyes with him.

Yuhkei only shrugged and focused his eyes on the dirt in front of him. Changbin wondered what was going through his head in that moment, he wondered how many times he comes to sit here all alone.

"What are doing here?" Changbin asked him, sitting criss-cross in front of him.

It took a few moments for Yukhei to answer back but eventually he said, "thinking."

Changbin nodded, eyes traveling around the boy's face. He hadn't looked up from the ground, almost like he was trying to suppress his emotions. His eyes looked dull but not quite lifeless. Both boys hadn't said a word until Yuhkhei broke the silence.

"Is it better in Korea?"

Changbin rose his eyebrows in surprise. The question caught him off guard, and in all honesty he did know how to answer. Korea was much better than here...though it seemed here people were more understanding of social and cultural differences.

"Hmm," Changbin started, "I guess both places have their pros and cons. Like in Korea I like our food better, but they aren't as excepting of lgbtq and stuff as America is."

Yuhkei looked up from the ground and chuckled lightly, "I mean your life, not the countries."

Changbin muttered a small 'oh' and went back to thinking. In that case, Korea was by far a way better place. Korea had his mother, Felix, his job, and Jisung.

"Well, Korea is much better then."

Yuhkei nodded, "I feel horrible that your father is doing this. Maybe if I had just agreed to marry Mina he wouldn't have forced you over here."

"No, I'm glad I came. I got to meet my step brothers and some weird transfer students. Im making my mother proud by finishing my schooling. This is all for the greater good I think," Changbin shrugged.

Yuhkei's mouth fell slightly ajar. He seemed amazed by Changbin's statement. Suddenly Yuhkei reached into his back pocket and pulled out his phone.

"You need to get in contact with your mother," Yuhkei said tossing the device to Changbin, "but please don't let your father find out about this."

Changbin's heart yearned as soon as his fingertips came in contact with the phone. He new Yuhkei was risking everything by letting Changbin do this. If his father found out not only would Changbin get a beating, Yuhkei would get it worse. Though he was conflicted. He didn't know who to call, his lover or his mother?

Yuhkei noticed his hesitance and ushered him on, "go on, just call anyone so they know you're alive."

Changbin locked eye will the taller mail and said, "I'm scared."

In truth, he was. After a whole month of lack of communication we was terrified. What if he called Felix and all he got was 'who is Changbin?'. He wouldn't be able to live with himself knowing that Felix forgot about him.

"Why?" Yuhkei asked scooting closer to Changbin.

"What if he forgot about me?" Changbin questioned aloud and peered down at the cellphone.

Yuhkei cocked his head to the side "Who?"

Changbin pursed his lips and shook his head. A rush of adrenaline ran through his vain's as he quickly typed in the number. Disregarding Yuhkei's question, he brought the phone to his ear and listened to the rings. His heart was pounding out of his chest as he heard the third ring come around. Suddenly the call was declined and Changbin furrowed his eyebrows.