☂ Chapter Five ☂

Start bij het begin

     "School." I snapped sharply. "Where else would I be going?"

    "By the looks of it a stripper club." He chuckled. He grinned at me, smirking down at my outfit before shaking his head disapprovingly. "Put something decent on Meghan." He sighed.

     "Are you going to leave me alone?" I yelled in frustration. Who did he think he was to judge me or tell me what to do? I didn't interfere with his business and he shouldn't intervene in mine.

     "I could." His voice was a tease.

     "But?" I sighed.

     "I won't." He finished smugly.

    "Gosh!" I growled throwing my hands up in exasperation. "You're so god damn annoying!" I fired at him sharply, it was as though my words bounced of him, his facial expression didn't change. That horrible smirk of his was still there, plastered proudly on his face. I turned on my heels to walk away but he didn't give up that easily. He grabbed my wrist spinning me around, I shrieked out in pain as he stumbled back a little.

     "I didn't mean to hurt you." He gushed as I turned my wrist over; the source of the excrusciating pain. Three red nail marks protruded out through my skin, I flipped my wrists back quickly but Noah had already seen. I rolled my lips in trying to contain the scream of pain that was ready to erupt through my throat at any given second.

     "What the hell is that?" He asked nervously, he took my hands from my sides and turned them over, cursing as he traced his fingers gently over them. "Who did this?" He asked locking eyes with mine. "MEGHAN" He yelled. "I said, who did this?" His voice was stern and bitter, I hoped that I'd never have to hear the sound again. It was so hard to lie to him when he was looking into my eyes, the windows to my soul, right into the centre of who I was.

    "Why do you care? I must have scraped my hand against something." I muttered nervously. I looked down at the floor, I didn't have the courage to look at him in the eyes.

     "Both of us knew who did it, I want to hear his name from your mouth." He spat.

     I trembled slightly, I'd never heard so much hatred in anybody's voice. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." I clarified.

    His face tightened. "Cut the shit Meghan, I know this was Cole." He screamed back at me, wracking his fingers angrily through his hair.

     "Leave me alone." I threatened wagging a finger warningly in his face.

     "No." He snorted.

     "What do you mean, no?" I whispered mimicking his words exactly.

     He grabbed my shoulder's digging his fingers deep into my skin just as Cole had done last night, he jostled me violently back and forth. "Open your fucking eyes, he's abusing you Megh-" He started but he was cut off as his eyes locked down on my stomach, the scar. "What's that?" He mumbled in disbelief, tracing his fingers gently over the scar.

     "You need to go." I announced. I walked over to my vanity and piled on bracelet after bracelet until I was satisfied that they were covering the marks on my wrists.

     "What are you playing at, huh?" He snarled, striding over to me he turned me roughly back to face him. "Look at me Meghan." He stated sternly, right up in my face. "Fuck this, it's not going to make a difference." He told himself, grabbing my spare hand, he shoved me roughly in front of the mirror. "Look at yourself." he spat in disgust, forcing me to look at my reflection. "Is this the girl you want to be? Is this the girl you were two years ago?" Huh?" He asked. I did as told, looking at my reflection. He lifted my shirt up pointing to the scar on my stomach, then one by one he started throwing my bracelets onto the carpet beneath us exposing the marks on my wrist. "Look at your body, look what Cole's doing to you Meghan." He whispered, taking my face into his palms he pressed our foreheads together. "I can promise you, you can do so much better."

     I looked down at the floor pursing my lips, I wasn't his puppet. I didn't have to do as he said. "I'm giving you one last chance or-"

     "Or, you'll do what?" I lashed out.

     He exhaled deeply, a muscle in his jaw ticked. "Call Cole and talk to him myself, right here, right now." Each word was enunciated slowly, and they dug deep into me, deeper than I thought words could ever go.

     My eyes widened as he shoved his hands into his jean pockets, coming out slowly with his mobile. "No." My body shook with fear. "Please Noah, no don't." I begged feeling tears flood my vision.

     "Then start giving me answers." His voice was calm but I knew he was only masking the anger erupting within him.

     "I can't." I choked out letting my body tremble in fear. "Noah, he'll kill me. Listen to me please." I whispered grabbing his arm, my eyes pleading but he didn't listen. He held his phone out and speed dialled Cole's number, pressing the phone flat against his ear. "Noah-" I begged, tears finally ran down my face.

     "Shh." He hissed pressing a finger firmly against his lips. "Cole?" He said. "I'm going straight to the point, what happened between you and Meghan?" He asked, a couple of seconds later a muffle sound replied. "Don't fucking give me that, I heard everything you said to her last night." He screamed, Cole raised his voice too cursing back at him. "She has nail marks on her wrist, a massive scar on her stomach, what else have you fucking done to her?" Noah bellowed, I'd never seen anybody looking so tortured, hurt and angry at the same time. "Yeah she's here" He finally calmed down extending his mobile out.

     I took a step backwards, shaking my head frantically. "I don't want to talk to him." I whispered and I wan't even sure if Noah had heard.

     "I'm here now Meg." He soothed. " I won't let him do anything to you, I promise." He replied sincerely letting his eyes lock with me. Before he handed me the phone he put it on loud speaker as I gulped, this was the end of me, my secret would be out.

     "Meghan?" Cole asked, his voice was projected through the barren room.

     "Yes?" I answered quietly.

     "Tell me honestly, is Noah listening?" he asked quietly. I turned to face Noah who was shaking his head glaring at me.

     "N-No, he's in the kitchen." I stuttered, forcing the words out through gritted teeth.

     "What the fuck have you been telling him you ungrateful little bitch?" He fired, thinking Noah wasn't in the room. "Noah is my best friend, if you ruin anything, you'll have a price to pay." He darted at me vigorously. Tears pooled my eyes but I wouldn't let them fall, I was stronger than that. I looked over at Noah who'd honestly gone pale, his face resembling the white walls in my bedroom.

     "I didn't tell him anything, I promise." My voice dry, croaky, shaky. "He saw the nail marks on my wrist, I didn't show him." I tried to defend myself. "You know I wouldn't." I finished quietly.

     "I'll kill Jace." He threatened.

     "NO!" I sobbed. "Cole, please don't hurt him, I'm begging you." I cried. Fear set into my heart, he'd kill him, he'd be gone and it'd be my fault. It was my job to protect him and I couldn't even do that.

     "I fucking managed to prove myself innocent this time Meghan, if it happens again I'll hurt Jace, you know I will and I'll hurt you too."

     "Don't hurt him, take it out on me." I managed to whisper out through hysterics.

     "Wait and watch." He snarled before hell broke loose. "Today at school I'll teach you a lesson you won't ever forget."

Who do you think Jace is?

What do you think the story behind the scar on her stomach is?

Hope you liked it, drop a vote&comment if you did? xx