☂ Chapter Sixteen ☂

A/N: I'd say there's about three or four more chapters left :) xx

Noah’s P.O.V

I groaned, the corners of my lips tugging upwards into an unwanted smile and I hoped within everything inside of me that Meghan couldn’t see. “Just drink the god damn soup!” I laughed.

Her face screwed up a little, as she wrapped her palms tightly around the mug, bringing it closer to her face to smell it. “What have you done to it?” she asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

I rolled my eyes, “Am I not even allowed to make you soup?”

She took a little sip, “The last time you made me soup, it was mud, worms and snails.” she giggled, some of the colour returning to her face, and I hadn’t seen her this happy in god knows how long but she was getting there and that’s all that mattered to me and as her friend all I could do was support her and be that rock she needed right now.

“We were three years old, and you told me if I ate cat food I’d grow muscles!” I chuckled, rolling my eyes as she spluttered out her soup laughing.

“You actually ate it all and then you were so sick you didn’t come to school for days!” she exclaimed, giggling slightly.

“My mum was so mad,” I joined in, “I was grounded for god knows how long.” I chuckled. “I miss that-“ I finally breathed out and she stiffened, her posture tightening as she rolled in her lips.

“I miss that too.” she whispered and her throat was tightening in on her because her voice had softened and I could see the tears pooling in her eyes, the tears she’d held back for far too long, the tears that just had to erupt one day or another.

I took in a shaky breath, “What happened?” I whispered. “What happened to us? – Noah and Meghan the inseparable best friends?”

She shrugged his shoulders, “We changed.” she replied leaning over to put the cup of soup on her bedside table. “You went your way and I went mine.” she finally breathed out.

I shook my head. “That’s bullshit Meg, what really happened?” I asked edging closer to her. “We were fine until last year and from there everything just went down hill, you stopped talking to me, you just walked out of my life, just like that and you never even told me why.”

She was fiddling with her fingers as I shuffled closer to her, tilting her chin upwards with my finger so she had no choice but to hold my gaze. “What are you hiding Meg?” I asked again, my voice soft filled with yearning desperation.

She was shaking her head lightly but how much longer would she keep up her walls for? I’d break them one day. I’d find out what on earth had happened to our friendship, because how could she let something as special as our friendship go?

“Cole.” she finally said.

I swallowed down the lump in my throat because I hadn’t heard from him since he’d visited Meghan in the hospital and been taken away. Nobody had, his phone was off, nobody picked up at his house, he was gone with out a trace and Meghan didn’t even know. She’d been discharged form the hospital this morning after having two weeks of psychological therapy and once they were convinced all thoughts of suicide were out of her mind they’d left her go. The last thing I wanted was for her to worry about Cole, she was just recovering and I didn’t want her back at square one again.