39

A/N: The lemon is complete but I'll be slowly posting this full story on AO3 before posting the lemon. It is for the benefit of readers from AO3 because I don't want to confuse them when the lemon doesn't seem like a one-shot. Will let you guys know when I post the lemon up!

--

The two laid in bed after their making love and enjoyed each other's company for a short while. Kaneki gazed at her, hand moving to caress her cheek with a smile. "I love you."

Touka's eyes glistened. "I love you too, Ken."

His heart fluttered and he pressed a tender kiss to her lips. She clung onto him, breasts against his chest, leaning into his kiss. He released her, to her disappointment and she watched as he reached for his briefcase and pulled out a box. "Ken?"

"I'll return this to you." He said, opening the box to reveal the ring that he once gave her. Taking it out from the box, he held her hand into his and attempted to slide it onto her finger before she pulled her hand away with a frown.

"Touka, what's wrong?"

"I can't accept that."

"Why?"

"Because we can't be together."

"Is this about the reason you left? Please tell me, I'll do anything I can to help. You promised the night before you left that you'd stay with me. Something must have happened to make you leave."

"..the day I found out I was pregnant, your father summoned me to his house. He had some pictures of us and told me to leave you. He said I was to leave with or without the child and drafted up a contract to stop me from letting you know about this. I had no choice and I couldn't tell you. I-I'm so sorry, Ken. You must have been devastated when I left."

Those pictures... he squeezed his hands into fists. So it was his father that Rize leaked the photos to. That little bitch! He's glad he's divorced from her already. But aside from that, he boiled from anger because it was his father who forced Touka to leave. In these 2 years, his father didn't say a thing when he saw how desperate his son was in finding Touka and pretended not to know anything. How could he do this to his son?

He laughed bitterly. He forgot that he was a heartless father in the first place.

Touka stared worriedly at him when he laughed. "Ken, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm just thinking about what I should do to him for all of this."

"Don't be rash, please."

He hugged her. "Alright. But I still want you to accept this ring. It's my promise to you that I'll make things okay again. I won't let Ichika be illegitimate."

She watched through wet eyes as he slid the ring back onto her finger and hugged him tightly. "Thank you."

He returned the hug and kissed her forehead. "I'm guessing you want the necklace too now, huh?"

She hit his chest and grinned. "Of course."

Kaneki gazed at his beautiful girlfriend who seemed to be more interested in the necklace than him. "Hey... why don't we make love again?"

Her nose scrunched up and Touka frowned. "No, I'm sore."

He deflated and pulled her into a hug. "Okay."

At that moment, Ichika started to cry. Touka quickly separated from him, threw on her shirt and went to her. "What's wrong with Ichika?" He asked.

"She needs a diaper change. Could you help grab one from the drawer over there?"

"Sure."

He brought it over to her and watched as Touka took Ichika out of the crib and settled her down onto the floor. She started to remove the old diaper and he stopped her. "I'll do it. You can rest."

"Are you sure? Do you know how to?"

"I don't but I'll try."

She laughed. "We can do it together."

Touka then taught him the correct way to change diapers and had the most fun when she saw his disgusted expression upon smelling the poop and pee. Once they were done, she was about to put Ichika back into the crib when Kaneki suggested having her sleep in between them.

Kaneki stared at his daughter. She had black hair and a slim nose just like his, and blue eyes, pink cheeks, and lips just like Touka's. He reached to poke her cheek, to which she responded with a giggle. Touka watched the heartwarming sight of the father and daughter interacting and smiled. Patting Ichika on the stomach, she hummed a lullaby and soon, her eyes were closing and she fell into a deep sleep.

"You're a great parent." He paused. "Unlike me. I'm a failure."

She pushed his bangs away from his face and caressed his cheek. "You are not. You just haven't had the opportunity. I'm sure you will get more chances in the future. Don't give up, Ken."

He held her hand as tears escaped his eyes. "Thank you."

The couple fell asleep with Kaneki's arms wrapped around Touka and Ichika.