Chapter 17

"You know what's funny?" Carter asked his group of friends as they sat in Giselle's living room.

"What?"

"Us" he said as his friends stare at him in confusion.

"We're a pretty weird, I never thought we would be friends"

"Yeah, I thought about that, I literally bullied you for two years" Giselle laughed.

"Which I personally still hate you for" Gabe smiled at her.

"Anyway, thank you guys for helping me through my years" Carter said.

"First of all, don't make me cry, you know how I get" Gabe said wiping a threatening tear.

"I love you guys" 

"Yup here I go" Gabe said and began crying as Emily rubbed his back soothingly.

Giselle looked at her boyfriend with a smile. Boyfriend, she could finally call him that.

"Well now that that's over, let's watch this movie" Giselle clapped as she turned the volume up on the tv.

Carter liked his girlfriend very much, but he hated that she never talked about her feelings. It's something she's never been good at, even when she was confessing to him, she never really explained why she liked him.

Giselle always wanted to say how she actually felt or what she thought, but she always thought she would bother someone or say the wrong thing if she did, even her own boyfriend.

It's been like that her whole life, she didn't cry often, not because she doesn't want to or anything but because she just can't. It sounds weird but that's just how it is.

"Carter sit next to me" Giselle smiled and drug her boyfriend over to their seat on the sofa.

When the movie was over, everyone was asleep except Carter. He was never one to just drift to sleep, he needed to do something to fall asleep.

Picking Giselle's head up from his lap and setting it on the sofa gently, he walked to the back room and checked on a sleeping Taylor.

They been staying their for a few weeks now and they both couldn't be happier, but Carter felt like a burden. Since being there, Giselle had to buy him new clothes because she wouldn't let him go home and she had to take Taylor to school in the morning and also take him to work in the afternoon. He thought it was all too much.

But what he didn't know is that Giselle loved every minute of it. She loved taking care of someone other than herself and buying things for people. She loved taking Taylor to school and singing nursery rhymes with her on the ride there, she loved waking up from her after school nap just to take Carter to work and she loved that he offered her money just for him staying there but refusing every time.

As Carter walked back to the living room, he saw Giselle sitting up tapping away on her phone.

"Why are you awake?"

"I woke up and saw that you weren't here so I was texting you to see where you went"

Carter smiled at the cute girl in front of him, he couldn't even remember why he was so scared of her.

"I was gonna tell you to get your ass back here and cuddle me"

He laid down on the couch as she laid on top of him and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Can I ask you something?" Carter asked.

"You just did, go to sleep" Giselle said playfully.

"Why do you never express how you feel?"

Giselle paused for a minute.

"I don't really know, no on really asked" she said.

"I think it's because, I don't think people will take me serious. Everyone always assumes I'm ok with everything that goes on and I just go with it because you know, it's better to be quiet than be a ignored" Carter listened to his girlfriends words and thought. He's felt like this before.

"Well you know I'm your boyfriend now, you can talk to me about anything. and i'm not just saying that, you've been a very important part of my life so far and I want you to feel comfortable with me"

"Well I'm very comfortable with you right now so can I tell you something?"

"Sure" 

"I love you"

For the first time ever, Carter stopped breathing. And not from getting punched in the stomach.

.

.

.

.

HEY BITCH, I DRUNK WROTE THIS AND PROBABLY WILL THINK IT'S SHIT IN THE MORNING BUT FOR RIGHT NOW IM OK WITH IT