Fedelma was delighted with the job that had been done. Mangle looked completely different. She was like Fedelma, normal fox shape, but white, and pink undertones. She had a bow on her back, and pink waistband like Toy Chica’s, but slightly lighter. Speaking of waistbands, Toy Chica’s had been too broken, and had been replaced with another band. Except this one was green. Fedelma wasn’t sure how Toy Chica would react to this. Oh well, she was pretty enough. With a plastic yellow costume smoother than anything Fedelma had seen, pink cheeks, a thin waist, and her blue eyes and glossy beak, Toy Chica was actually incredibly beautiful, although Fedelma suspected she didn’t like it. Toy Freddy, glossy light brown, with even lighter undertones, was slightly chubby, with a top hat and a tie, plus some buttons, and red cheeks. He was somewhat dignified in any sense of the word. Bonnie wasn't hard plastic like the others, his whole costume being made out of light purple fabric. The reason for his changed color? His costume had been too damaged and completely replaced. The fixed animatronics had been lined up along the wall, in sitting positions, except for Toy Chica, who was still on the table. Jamie activated her.

Toy Chica opened her eyes slightly. Everything was blurry and she could hear voices swimming through the fog of her mind. Then everything came back to her and she gasped as the cool of the metallic table, the harsh bright lights, Fedelma waving her paw in front of her face. “I'm awake,” she grumbled. Then she remembered the whole reason she had been deactivated and lifted a hand to her head. Feathers. Two arms! Her plastic costume was smooth, no longer shot through with tiny cracks, and was bright yellow, not a dull grey-yellow that it had been. Her beak was completely there, and she took it out to look at it closer. She felt wonderfully energized. “Thanks guys,” she said.
She was exactly as she was before everything… happened. From the few stray feathers on her head to her pink waistband,  she was perfe- waistband. It was green. “Oh. Ummm. Well, this is awkward..” Deliah said, seeing the look on Toy Chica’s face. “Parts of costumes were too damaged and had to be replaced. The only replacement we had for your waistband was green,” Jamie said apologetically. Why was he apologetic? It wasn't as if she had liked the colour. “Are you serious? I love it!” she said. Boswell visibly relaxed. “That’s cool. We’ll activate the others,” said Jamie. “Cool,” Toy Chica looked round at her friends. They looked pretty good…  “Umm, after everyone’s awake, can we talk about something?” Fedelma asked. “Ok. We’ll just activate them and then you’re good,” Jamie said.

“WHAT?!” Fedelma winced. “Wait, if this is true, we need Springtrap. Where is he?” Toy Freddy said. Fedelma looked at Deliah. “I thought he was coming to the fix room!” Deliah protested. “And you didn’t look behind you? Deliah, did it ever occur to you he might run again?!” Fedelma leaned back against the wall. “I heard everything, don’t worry,” said Springtrap. “Don’t creep up on us like that!” Toy Chica said. “Sorry. But I just wanted to tell you that you’re right, and I have to leave,” Springtrap turned away for a moment, then strode off. “Wait. Stay. We need you,” said Boswell. Springtrap looked back, then away again. Mangle took a firmer approach. “If you don’t stop right now, I will strangle you again,” she said. Springtrap shook his head, sighed, and turned back.

“It’s been three weeks, and the best lead we have is three kms away?!” Mangle sighed. “I hoped we could do better than that!” At least we have a lead Eddie reminded her. “I know, but Foxy could be anywhere!” Mangle took some calming breaths. “Hey Mangle! We’re having a karaoke night! Just to take our mind off things!” Bonnie called. Go join them Eddie said. “Ok,” said Mangle and strode down the hallway. “Hey Mangle! Anything prepared?” Deliah asked. “No, but I’ll think of something,” Mangle sat down. “So first we’ve got Fedelma, Bonnie and Toy Chica. You can take the stage!” Toy Chica and Fedelma took their place on the stage, and Bonnie flicked off the lights. “We made the effects ourselves, just saying,” Toy Chica said. For the first time in three weeks, Mangle smiled. Typical Toy Chica, showing off at any moment. Better remarked Eddie. A powerful spotlight beamed down onto Fedelma. Piano music softly played in the background.
“I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say
'Cause we don't want your broken parts
I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars”
sang Fedelma. Then Toy Chica had her solo in the spotlight:
“Run away, they say
No one'll love you as you are
But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious”
Then Bonnie was spotlighted, along with the girls, adding his slightly deeper voice to the song:
“When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me”
Bonnie ended up with the deep echo, Fedelma with the higher one, Toy Chica with the main
“Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh”

Then it spotlighted Bonnie alone
“Another round of bullets hits my skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
We are bursting through the barricades and
Reaching for the sun (we are warriors)
Yeah, that's what we've become (yeah, that's what we've become)”

Everyone together again, and the effects started. Tiny balls of light, like stars hung down in mid air around the stage.
“I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me”
The same breakdown thing again
“Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is me”
And then it was all of them together for the rest of the song
“And I know that I deserve your love
(Oh-oh-oh-oh) 'cause there's nothing I'm not worthy of
(Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh)
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
This is brave, this is proof
This is who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come (look out 'cause here I come)
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum (marching on, marching, marching on)
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
Gonna drown them out
Oh
This is me”

Mangle clapped. “Well done! That was beautiful. She'd forgotten how well Toy Chica and Bonnie sang together. “Mangle? Do you have anything?” Deliah asked. Mangle thought for a moment, then shrugged and said, “No, but I can probably do something. Deliah? Do you know this song?” Deliah lent in and Mangle whispered her idea to the purple dragon and Deliah nodded. She went to the speakers, fiddled with something and nodded to her. They got on stage.
Mangle took the first solo:
“You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us
Another start
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alive”

Deliah joined in:
“Where are you now
Where are you now
Where are you now
Was it all in my fantasy
Where are you now
Were you only imaginary
Where are you now
Atlantis
Under the sea
Under the sea
Where are you now
Another dream
The monsters running wild inside of me
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost
I'm faded”
Deliah took the second solo, her voice beautiful and light:
“These shallow waters, never met
What I needed
I'm letting go
A deeper dive
Eternal silence of the sea
I'm breathing
Alive”

Mangle’s voice came in, strong and clear and heartbreaking:
“Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Under the bright but faded lights
You set my heart on fire
Where are you now?
Where are you now?

Where are you now?
Atlantis, under the sea
Under the sea
Where are you now?
Another dream
The monster's running wild inside of me
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded”
They finished the song and looked up. Bonnie had his arm round Toy Chica. Springtrap tilted his head like he always did when he felt strong emotion. Fedelma had her head in her hands. Boswell was staring at Deliah in awe. “Uh, thanks?” Mangle said. “That. Was. Amazing!” Jamie stood in a corner with his arms folded. “Where did you come from?” Bonnie asked. “I’ve been here for the whole karaoke,” said Jamie. “Oh. Anyone else have a song?” Springtrap asked. “I do,” Boswell spoke up. “Ok then. I’ll go after you,” announced the olive rabbit.

~

I loved the song Faded for a long time and I literally cried cuz it was that beautiful. Welp..... not too much happening here today, but it will get..... Interesting next chapter.