Chapter 16

I swear I'm going to start letting the kids conduct training, I can't believe I'm out of breath already!Im sure our stamina and speed would be through the roof with these little elves teaching us. I scold myself for being tired as I lean up against a tree panting heavily for breath. Having kids is definitely a tiring job because these little things know how to move. It's officially been three weeks since the pups birth, January twenty-seventh and since they finally opened their eyes Sage decided that it would be good for them to have some time outside. Now me being the worrier that I am I said no, but fuck me right? Because Sage had them outside faster than light , so here we are outside trying to make sure that they don't run off by themselves. The kids were so excited the moment the door opened that Apollo actually pissed himself from it. They took off quickly and sought out for adventure the moment the front door opened.

  My head snaps to the left due to rustling shrubs making me tense only to calm down when  Apollo jumps out of the patch of bushes with a small bark. Smiling my shoulders sag as my body relaxes, Apollo runs out into the big yard filled with the many different wolves of our pack immediately jumping on top of a sandy brown wolf. The members were all super excited when they heard that we were going to let our pups out. Of course the pack members didn't make the first move of contact until we gave the ok that we were fine with them playing with their Alphas' pup. I watch protectively as every one of my kids all found other pups to play with, the other children under the age of five being in their human forms. It was a calm Saturday afternoon the wind flowing through the trees and stirring the leaves. 

   Taking in a deep breath my head snaps to the left in the direction of the house. At the door Rhiver stood using the door frame to keep himself from falling as he gazed over to the yard tiredly. I push myself off of the tree with a huff before making my way over to the tired looking Luna. 

  "Panda what are you doing out of bed? You're still sick, you need to rest." I say sternly gaining a glare from my sickly mate. 

 "Oh hush your face... I-I didn't hear the pups when I woke up and I got worried. But I see that they are just fine with their Fathers." Rhiver answers seemingly out of breath. My lips pull into a thin line at that. Rhiver's health has been getting better, his fever broke last night and he finally began eating without help the only thing.With the occasional sneeze and coughs all we need  now is his strength to come back. Which is why I lifted him up from his spot into my arms bridal style. Rhiver grumbled lowly but laid his head against my chest anyway, drawing a purr out from Zeus. 

   I glance back over to the yard seeing Sage in wolf form playing with the pups who all decided to gang up on him before turning and walking into the house. The house was empty aside from the few teens and adults who chose to stay inside. One of the teens being Josiah who perked up at the sight of me. The kid instantly beamed then jumped up from his seat between two others before running over to me stopping only a foot away from me when he noticed Rhiver in my arms, sleeping soundly. He's so dumb, pushing himself like this.

 "Hey Alpha! How's the Luna? Is he feeling any better?" Josiah asks solemnly looking over into my arms to get a look at Rhiver. My arms tensed a bit but I knew it was an instinct for pack members to be curious and worried about any Alpha that may fall ill. So despite my urge to hide him away I relaxed and tilted him a bit so Josiah could see his face gaining a small whimper from the kid.

  "He's Alright. He just needs some more rest and TLC from everyone. He'll be up and about soon, I promise." Josiah leaned closer and nuzzled his face against Rhiver's arm before looking up at me with a nod. Obviously when the pack noticed the lack of Rhiver we had to tell them what was going on. It was a sad day for everyone, the pack as a whole wanted to rushing up to our house just to coddle Rhiver and love him. I was very grateful at all the love that the pack had for him. Now everyone just sends their thoughts and prayers for us. It's nice and it definitely helped Rhiver with his depression from being away from the pups prematurely.