Chapter 9

Releasing a deep sigh I watch as the periwinkle colored flower bends slightly from the gust of wind that swirled through the field of grass. Rolling on to my back I stretch out my stiff muscle with a loud yawn that fades in to a soft whine. I managed to find this beautiful clearing not to far from the edge of the territory a few days ago and I've been here since three this morning. It has a huge winter white willow tree with long drooping branches and hanging leaves grazing the vibrant green grass. There are many different flowers here too all different sizes and shapes. My favorite are the periwinkle ones, they grow on a few bushes that are close to the crystal clear pond. The flowers are gigantic with huge petals and a super white pistil and it is gorgeous!

   I found it a few days after Blaze and I's so called bonding time. My face flushes instantly at the thought so I slowly crawl over to the pond and flop down next to it frightening the tiny fish and tadpoles from the vibration and movement.

<I'm weak Rhiver. I'm damaged. I can't forgive those who've done wrong to us and it's eating me alive.> 

   Tilting my head I dip my head down and lap at the cool water calmly. I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. So I came out here and just shifted in to my wolf and sat out here to sort out my thoughts. But despite the calming mood that the clearings atmosphere has my mind just wouldn't settle.

<I I hate that the goddess stuck you with such a horrible excuse for a soul-wolf. I've failed you so many times and I hate myself for it.>

With a whine I try to reach out to Odele but I'm left with a deafening silence. The day that I found this place was the day that Odele decided that he wanted to talk to me about his feelings. I've been feeling his distance toward me and I could feel his constant hurt but I just never brought it up because I knew he would let it be known to me sooner or later. But I wasn't expecting him to just block me out after telling me.

   Walking through the trees I giggle as I watch two squirrels running up a tree. The squirrel that was getting chased stole the second squirrel's nut and the face he had oh my goddess. He looked ready to cry before chasing after the one that stole his food. Today was a good day, I woke up around noon, Sage made Blaze and I food before kicking us out the house and telling us to go on a run together. Honestly I didn't want to because it was to early however I wanted to shift and I wanted to see Blaze's shift. We stayed out here for a good hour or two before he went in the house. I know that he wanted to see Sage since Sage left the house last night and Blaze i was itching to double check on him and make sure everything was alright. 

  <Shy? I need to talk to you.> Odele calls out quietly. 

   <Okay Odele, What do you want to talk about?> I reply instantly still walking through the woods as I wait for him to answer.

<I'm sorry, shy.> He whimpers.

  He's sorry? For what. My brows furrow in confusion before a white catches my attention. I start my pace in the direction of it while listening to Odele's soft whines.

<You have nothing to be sorry for Odele.> I reassure him as I break through the tree line and gape in awe at the sight of this pretty clearing that I stumbled upon. Instead of gawking any longer I decide to go sit underneath the tree that I saw which is actually  really pretty willow. Pulling apart the curtain of leaves I walk under the tree and sit at the base of it.

    "Odele what is the matter?" I ask out loud and Odele immediately spills everything.

  <I didn't mean for all of this to happen and because of me you had a horrible upbringing. I'm the cause everything being so messy. I see it everywhere and in everything. Every time I hear Zeus calming Blaze down from having a panic attack when he can't find us or Sage. Or when our parents have nightmares of losing us again I can sense their distress and it hurts knowing that I'm the reason for it. Being an omega is not something I could've chosen, no but that doesn't lessen the pain I feel anytime you flinch from sudden noises or shy away from bigger men. You are terrified subconsciously of our pack especially our warriors and it's horrible that I can still see your soul curled in to its dark corner that it's always been in during our stay with Colton.>