Chapter 6

Last night was so much fun! I got to meet my parents' wolves, which I guess in a way makes them my parents too. The whole family was together in the backyard shifted and playing in a dog pile. It was an amazing experience with my family and to think we could play like that all the time!

"What's got you smiling so big Lake?" Sage asks curiously, walking over to me from the dining room. He flops down on to the couch next to me and throws his arms around my shoulders.

"I was just thinking about last night. I had a lot of fun with you guys." I say quietly leaning in to his side and sigh blissfully at the feel of the warm tingles that seep in to my skin.

Last night was a perfect dream that I've always had. I have been dreaming of being with my pack for years and its like a great big dream come true. I haven't spoken to Nick since the incident and it feels kind weird not speaking to him especially because I haven't seen or spoke to Adam. I miss him the most. I should go see him.

"Do you think I could go visit someone back at the White Moon pack?" I ask innocently and tilt my head.

Sage looks up thoughtfully, "I don't see anything wrong with it. As long as I go with you or a warrior. Blaze won't like that you left but he'll be fine."

My brows furrow at that. I have noticed that Blaze gets very angry whenever we're not with him. I'm surprised he hasn't show up yet. Speaking of which, "Where is Blaze? I've noticed that he leaves sometimes during the past week that I have been here. Where does he go? You said for an escape, but from what?" I question curiously

Sage bites his lip and looks in my direction. He hums lowly, "That's not really for me to tell you but I will tell you that your kidnapping had a huge negative impact on Blaze's development personally. I know you've noticed how he gets when people get around us especially if they get close to you. He doesn't trust a lot of people and he has post traumatic stress disorder which is a horrible detriment to his health plus a few more disorders that I will not name at the moment . I do what I can to make sure he doesn't stress which basically is just me staying as close to him as possible but I can see with you it won't be that simple. Just before you leave to go anywhere just let Blaze know and I'll handle the rest ok?"

Wow. I didn't really think that my disappearance had that big of an effect on him.

"Did he tell you all of that?" I grill inquisitively wanting to know more about my triplet.

"No. He doesn't like talking about things that bother him. I just get this weird sense of the issues. Its with anyone too. Even you." He tells me shyly. That makes me sit back my eyes wide as I stare at him.

There is no way that he senses what happened. I didn't want him to know any of the details. What I told them was the very diluted version. All of the things Colton made me do would make anyone puke their guts. I just wanted to leave it all in my past and deal with my life as it is now. My eyes begin to sting and water as I think of all the horrible things that they did to me. Sage must be disgusted with me. He shouldn't have a used mate, He and Blaze deserve someone better.

"Hey. Hey Lake its ok," He panics and pulls me against him "I don't know anything detailed, I only know what you told me. I can just sense the inner turmoil and It helps me find ways to ease the pain while the person learns to cope. Trust me, even if I did know what that man did I would never see you any differently than I do now. If anything I would be admirable of you and would appreciate you for fighting to stay alive for so long despite your struggles." Sage presses a kiss against my temple as I wipe away the tears that have fallen.

"You have a gift sage. You can help a lot of people with that sense." I praise with a smile

Sage blushes looking away quickly while clearing his throat, "Eh. Its nothing really. Its always been there. I just feel like a freak sometimes. How is sensing someone's trouble going to help improve a pack? At least Blaze can protect them and you are sweet as hell. Very loving to despite what you've been through. And me? I can sense when someone is about to cry. Yay me." Sage mumbles curling in to himself and hugging his knees against his chest.