Chapter 38

The sounds of plasma being ignited causes you to snap your attention to your right to see Snoke's guards turning on their weapons. Kylo turns his head to the left to see the guards on that side of the room with their weapons ready in front of them.

Both you and Kylo bring your gaze to each other, sensing the fear that the other one carried but it was not fear for your own lives. Instead, it was the fear of being ripped away from each other after so little time together.

No- you would not let it happen. You have dedicated your whole life to this relentless war, to getting rid of The Resistance and attempting to bring order to the galaxy. All that pain and restless days would not go in vain. You will see the end of this war, especially now that you had Kylo by your side- something worth living and fighting for no matter what it takes.

You furrow your eyebrows and a look of determination overtakes your face, making him understand and give you a nod as a way of telling you that he was with you. And so you and Kylo turned your backs against each other to fight for one another.. together.

You unclip your lightsaber from your belt igniting it with a buzzing hum at the same time you hear the unique crackling of Kylo's lightsaber behind you. In front of you were four guards quickly making their way towards you.

You swing your lightsaber in front you with all your might, hitting away the strike of one of the guard's double bladed staff and making it fall to the floor. Another snaps his arm to the right, making his long staff turn into the unique weapon of an electro chain whip. He twirls it in front of him, making you quickly duck down but the threat of another bladed staff comes to view when you come back up.

He swings an arm in front of him, the sharp end of the blade's barley missing the tip of your nose as you twitch your head back. You bring your lightsaber up and down onto his extended arm but his armor was built well enough and you only give it a mere scratch. 

You grunt as you bring your lightsaber down onto him again but his staff holds your hit in place. You use it to your advantage and twirl your weapon around his, making him lose grip of it. You take it in your other hand and finally stab him straight through his chest with your lightsaber, his limp body falling to his knees.

You feel the oncoming hit of another guard behind you, making you bring your arm over your head. The staff in your hand protects your back from getting sliced from his plasma lined blade that he brings down on you. You grunt as your less dominant hand shakes from trying to keep it away from doing you harm but you feel your arm slowly start to give up behind you.

When you try to pull your lightsaber out from the dead guard in front of you, you feel the hand of the guard gripping your elbow behind you to prevent you from doing so, keeping you trapped between the two.

A familiar whooshing and buzzing sound fills your ears again. You pick your head up to see a guard, dragging his electro whip behind him as he menacingly walks towards you along with another, splitting his double bladed staff to create two knives.

From the corner of your eye, Kylo catches your gaze, turning your head completely to see him still battling the three guards, not having killed one just yet. He was tired- surely from the two hour tedious training session Snoke had just put him through. You wouldn't know if he would be able to pull through, not when he wouldn't give himself up to his emotions to feed his power.

The guard behind you crashes his knee against the back of your leg making you fall down to your knees. A burning sensation on the back of your shoulder causes you scream out in pain as you slightly push away the weapon from behind you to keep it from burning through your skin again.

Kylo turns his head as he searches for you from corner to corner until his round eyes find you on your knees with a guard standing over you, his staff inching closer and closer to you once more.

The guard he was battling uses this distraction to hit Kylo's face with the metal part of his swordlike weapon, making him fall onto his back. He twirls it in his hand to bring the blade down to Kylo's body but he ignites his lightsaber in front of him just in time to keep it in place.

The other two guards that Kylo had just disarmed bring themselves up from the floor along with their weapons and begin to walk over to him as well but his sight was still locked onto you and your own threat of two other guards coming after you as well.

"(Y/n)." He grunted. "No."

You meet Kylo's worried eyes once again. He was drenched in sweat, his chest rapidly falling and rising as he tries to hold is own against the guard but there were also another two coming after him to finish him.

"Kylo." You breathed.

Almost in sync, you both rip your eyes away from each other, turning your heads' to look at the guards that were keeping you and him from helping each other.

With a growl, Kylo brings one hand up and uses the force to push him away, throwing him across the room to crash against the wall. At the same time you switch your lightsaber off, not having it trapped in the dead guard's body anymore. You spin around on your knee as you still hold his weapon against the staff you were holding in your other hand and ignite your lightsaber once again through his torso.

Snoke's mouth makes an 'o' shape. Delighted and surprised, he begins to chuckle. You and Kylo ignore Snoke's sounds of amusement and pace towards each other, with a pair of guards following you both.

'Bend forward.' You thought to him as you continue your pacing. 'Keep it sturdy'

He does so without second thinking it and you roll onto your side on top of his back, kicking one of the guards that were coming up behind him in the process. You land on your feet and Kylo stands back up to fight the other two guards that were now in front of him.

You bring your lightsaber up, slashing the other guard from his torso all the way up to his chest. He stumbles backwards and you bring your elbow to his head, knocking him unconscious on the floor but you had no more mercy left to give and stab him as he laid there.
You bring your other hand up to your left, stopping the first guard in his tracks and then hover him up from the floor. He drops his weapon as he squirmed in the air.

'Behind you.' Kylo thought to you.

You smirk and turn your body around, bringing the guard towards Kylo. He catches him from the back of his neck, immediately stabbing his lightsaber through his back.

As he turns it off, the limp body of the guard falls to the ground along with another two laying at his boots. One of them slowly picks his head up but you drag him on the floor towards you, lifting him up as soon as he was close to you.

You hear the choking sounds behind his helmet which you silence as you snap his neck in an unnatural way. Dropping him to the floor, you look over to Kylo who meets your eyes but the clapping of Snoke behind you causes you to turn your body around.

"How intriguing!" He smiled, still clapping.

"Lets see how intriguing it'll be when you join them." You snarled.

"Dear, child." He shakes his head still holding that fiendish smile. "Then you will never know the truth I've been withholding all these years."

                                   A/N

Hello there! So sorry I went silent these last few weeks but as you all may know life can get busy sometimes. Thankfully things have died down to the point I can get back to writing and updating weekly again! I also hope you guys don't mind that these last few chapters of the book will be somewhat long since they will contain a lot of important things that will reveal a special SURPRISE!!! Oh, what will it be?(;