Chapter 16

You quickly rush down one of the hallways towards the Command Center. The sound of the loud alarm ringing in your ears and the amount of scared people that kept bumping into you was starting to aggravate you more than you already were.

You wave a hand over the doors of the Command Center, sliding them open. Everyone there seemed to be in a panic as they rushed from one station to another. You scan the room until you finally find the General in the sea of grey uniforms.

You pace over to him. "General Cohen, what is happening?"

He turns away from an officer he was talking with to look at you with his tired brown eyes.

"Commander (l/n), there seems to be an entire Resistance fleet that have found us and they're attacking with all that they have." He nervously said.

"We cannot risk losing this ship! Why haven't we gone into hyperspace!?" You hissed.

The officer that the General was first talking to, bravely speaks up.

"That's what I was just informing the General about." She stated. "One of their blasts damaged the hyperdrive on the ship before we were able to put our shields up but our technicians and droids are down there right now trying to fix it."

"I say we send out our fleet to fight back and take out as many Resistance scum as we can!" The General declared.

"No! We cannot risk losing numbers in the second line of defense that this ship has just to fuel your ego!" You argued.

The General angrily narrows his eyes at you. "Have you lost your will to fight, Commander?"

You raise your hand at him and use the force to drag him towards you so that you could tightly grip your fingers around his neck. He begins to gasp for air.

"I don't know.. You tell me General." You said as you glared at him.

The sounds of him choking gets interrupted as another officer calls to you. "Commander! We've lost our shields!"

You let go of your hold on the General's neck, letting him fall to the ground and snap your gaze to the officer.

"What!? How!" You shouted.

"They seem to have been disabled from the inside." He said, fear evident in his voice.

"How could.." Your eyes go round as a sudden realization came to you. "That's it. That's how they found us.. it was him." You quietly whispered to yourself.

"Send our fleet out to defend the ship and go into hyperspace as soon as it's fixed.. not a second later." You spoke down to the General that was still on the floor.

You didn't wait for his response as you quickly turn around and point a finger at the first officer you see.

"Officer Trenton! I want my ship prepared by the time I arrive at the hangar!" You shouted at him.

The officer slightly flinches from your abrupt shouting but then gives you a simple nod and hurriedly exits the room.

You follow him out and pace down the hallway until you spot a chief stormtrooper. You put a hand against his white armored chest to stop him in his tracks.

"Is every prisoner on this ship accounted for?" You asked him, dropping your hand back down.

"Yes, Commander. We just checked earlier today." He replied.

"Check again." Your jaw begins to tighten in frustration. "And once your useless selves realize that a prisoner has escaped without any of you knowing.. I want you all to begin looking for him."

You quickly walk off and begin your own search for him. The one that you should've just killed when you went out to your mission on Corellia. You feel the ship once again jolt as it takes another hit from the Resistance fleet, making you stop in your steps as you try to regain your balance.

You look out from one of the small viewports to see the army of TIE-fighters and shuttles fighting back against the Resistance fleet. You couldn't let those bastards take away the only home you knew. You take one last look at the rain of red and green lasers and continue your hunt to find the one responsible for what was happening.

Kylo started to look for you as soon as he felt the second impact against The Supremacy. No more hits were supposed to be felt after the first one.. the shields were supposed to be up and protecting the ship. He knew something was wrong and he needed to find you to make sure you were unharmed.

"You!" He shouted at a young officer pacing down the same hall as him.

"Uh.. yes.. um sir?" He fearfully stuttered out.

"Where is Commander (l/n)?" Kylo asked.

Kylo's deep mechanical voice sent chills down the officer's spine. "I'm not sure.. uh.. last I heard she was looking for a prisoner for an unknown reason."

He confusingly cocks his head to the side before responding. "Very well.. go."

The officer quickly continues on his way, leaving Kylo to wonder why you were looking for a measly prisoner at a time like this but at least he knew you were still okay.

He closes his eyes behind his mask and starts focusing on you until he senses you at the complete opposite side of the ship from where he was.

Of course you are. He thought to himself

He lets out an annoyed sigh and begins to follow your presence.