chapter four

Chapter four-

Brandon's POV

I couldn't spell a wink last night, the howling wind from the brewing storm outside. I stood up and walked towards the fold out stairs to go to the bathroom, combing my fingers through my hair. I groaned, pushing down the wooden floor, watching a dozen steps fold out in front of me. I walked down each step, careful not to put too much weight on them, causing them to collapse. I strolled down the hall and into the bathroom, seeing a neat crisp set of clothes laid out on the counter right besides the small white sink. I striped down to nothing and hopped into the shower, spinning the cold and hot knobs, making steam gather in the air of the washroom. I poured some shampoo on my hands and scrubbed my hand. The shower is just so peaceful, it makes me want to just melt in with the hot water. I wonder how things will go today. I hope I won't have to do too much work, I'm pretty tired and sore from that horrible cot upstairs.

I finished after an hour being in the shower. I sighed. The water was beginning to get cold. I hopped out and rubbed a warm dry towel over my body, and changed into a pair of dark wash jeans, an army green t-shirt and a black leather jacket with thin white stripes running down the shoulder and down to the cuffs of the sleeves. Hmm, Aunt Beth sure has good taste. I popped the collar of the jacket in the mirror and smiled, nice style, I might just wear clothes like the more often. I grabbed a jar of gel and spiked my hair up at the front. Making me look a little like a rocker.

I left the washroom. A puff of steam gathering around me as I entered the cool hallway. I past my aunt's room, "I'm going out," I yelled, running back up the stairs to the attic and grabbed my knife from under the bed, stashing it behind my jacket. I dashed down the stairs and pushed them up, folding up, until they were out of sight. I huffed, those ancient stairs are heavy. I shook my head and left the house, closing the door silently behind me, and walked down the street with my hands in my pocket. Hmm, I wonder where I could find Jason, I laughed, surprised when it came out a little manic-ish. Never the less, I'm going to have fun, I smiled. Walking down the sidewalk, I'm ready when you are Jason.

Miranda's POV

I still couldn't see, everything was really blurry, and it hurt to keep my eyes open longer then ten minutes. I sighed, waiting for the doctor to come in and check my eyes. Maybe I just need glasses now, I laughed dryly, how knows. I sighed. I felt a warm hand embrace mine, I flinched away, trying to blink past the blindness to see who it was. Please let it not be Brandon. "Sis, it's okay, it's just me," Jason cooed, patting my hand. I heard a soft hissing noise, and suddenly and hard flat surface, I heard a light crash of plastic on plastic. The smell of chicken and potatoes of dinner just floated around my head making my mouth water. The hospital doesn't give meals enough here. I grabbed whatever was beside the try and dug in to the food, stuffing my face with chicken. I felt some potatoes drip down the corner of my mouth. I head Jason snicker, shifting his weight. "Here," he mumbled, wiping my mouth and chin area with a soft dinner napkin. I sighed, taking his wrist with deadly accuracy and put it down on his lap. He snickered again, getting off the bed, I felt the bed relate in relief.

The corner of my lips drooped down. I finally remembered why I couldn't see. Brandon sprayed pepper spray in my eyes so I couldn't fight back, I guess my vision hasn't come back yet. Knock, Knock, Knock Someone tapped lightly on the door. The door knob twisted and in came a person with high clicking stilettos came in, I'm guessing it's a woman. "Hi sweetie, I'm Dr. Johnson. I came here to give you some medications." she said, her voice was raspy but light and musical, maybe she's has the flu. "can you lie back please, I'm going to put eye drops in your eyes, and your vision will come back approximately ten minutes," She said, putting a freezing cold hand on my forehead, and tilted my head back. I opened my unseeing eyes wide. The doctor opened my eyes more with her fingers and dropped some liquid that stung my eyes. I groaned. Automatically closing my eyes shut and rubbing them. "You'll be fine now," She said, patting my hand sympathetically and left with a trail of loud clicking noises. I sighed and felt the stinging burn my eyes. I sighed, "Sis I got to go, I have a job interview in an hour and I need to get ready," Jason said, patting my back and leaving me, leaving me all alone in this huge ugly hospital room. What a long night.