chapter ten

Chapter ten-

Jason's POV

I tried to open my eyes being unsuccessful. It's like someone used crazy glue to glue my eyes shut. Damn it, I hate this, why can I not open my eyes. Oh, wait there we go. My eyes began to open one eyelash at a time. My vision was blurred so that all I could see where the shapes. I blinked repeatedly letting my vision come rushing back. Now I know how Miranda felt. And speaking of Miranda, she was the first person I saw. Her face lit up as she watched my eyes open, Ah Miranda, some little sister are complete pain's but Miranda's not, and I'm glad she's my little sis.

Right behind her was Mom and Dad, smiling and laughing despite the tears that ran down their face's. I blinked a little more, seeing the familiar faces that stood in front of the bed. They smiled and rushed to my side. "Hey! Dude! Glad your okay, hope you don't mind a little fuzzy teddy bear," Josh asked, joking around and handing me a small brown teddy bear that had get well soon printed on it's stomach. I chuckled, feeling a sharp pang of pain swell in my chest, making me groan and grasp my chest. "Whoa, whoa kid, slow down there, you just got rammed by a car and your ribs are broken," Michael said, "and by the way, what's that like?" he asked joking around, "lovely," I said a little breathless, grabbing at my ribs a little more. I could feel that it was thickly bandaged through my ugly hospital gown. The guys all patted and punched my arms leaving me new bruises to deal with. I smiled, careful not to laugh, "Thanks for coming guys, but I'm fine, ill be out of here in a few days," I assured them, looking at each of them in the eyes, holding the small teddy in my hands. "Alright dude, well, once we heard we needed to check up on you," Jeremy said, looking at Miranda in a sort of trance like state. Does he like her? Hmm, anyone would be better then that idiot of a man Brandon. I smile at Jeremy, winking at the fact I know he likes her, and his cheeks lit up like a flame and he looked down at the end of the bed. Young love, how cute.

Jeremy's POV

I watched Miranda's hand inch towards mine then stop before looking up at the battered up at the face of my best friend. I couldn't help but think about all the things I would do to the person who broke Jason. I looked around the room, seeing saddened faces light up. But the person I was most interested in was Miranda. When I first saw her, it's like something just... clicked. She's the most beautiful, amazing person I've ever met, even if we just met a few minutes ago. I felt the bed lighten in weight and watched as Miranda pulled down her shirt and whispered something to her parents and blowing a kiss to her brother to get well. Should I follow her? Should I stay? Argh! Damn it, I'm going to be stupid.

I looked at her before straightening my back out and following her out the door, feeling Jason's heavy gaze on my back. "Hey, Um Miranda?" I said reaching out towards her and lightly touching her shoulder, feeling sparks fly up into my fingers. Miranda turned around, looking at my hand with a dazed expression. She gazed up at me with hazy eyes that just seeped into my soul and read me like an open book.

"Mhm?" she hummed, tilting her head to the side curiously. I shifted my weight, feeling my hands dampen more and more. "Um, maybe, um, you'd like to, um, go out to coffee sometime, um, if that's okay," I stumbled, tripping over every word like the complete moron I am. Red flooded Miranda's pale cheeks as she looked away in thought, biting the tip of her thumb.

After about ten minutes of waiting, she finally looked back at me, squinting her eyes and pursing her lips. "alright," she said, as she watched my eyes light up as if a spark of fire burned in my eyes. "On one condition," she continued, watching me now. "Anything" I said, a little too desperately, she smiled despite of her self before gaining control again and said, "If I'm not comfortable doing anything you ask, I'll leave," She said, biting the tip of her thumb again, I heaved a sigh of relive, "This is the only thing I will ever ask of you," I said just like an amateur Shakespeare and grabbing her, pulling her close to my body and giving her a huge bear hug.

I felt her chest shake, was she laughing? She wrapped her arms around my waist and squeezed tightly, nearly popping my head off. She's one tuff cookie, I smiled and let go. "You should go now," I said even thought I didn't want her to, "Okay, see yeah, tomorrow, eight?" she asked, beginning to walk backwards. "Yup, see you then," I said, waving while she smiled and turned around, walking down the hall and into an open elevator.

I watched as she left, feeling the sparks of her touch linger on my skin, i smiled and spun "manly" around and happily walked back to the room where Jason waited, a huge grin was plastered on my face, i thought over and over again, She said yes!!!!