chapter three

Chapter three-

Miranda's POV

Brandon. Why does he show up every where? His face, his hair, his body was all perfect, as usual. "I think it's time for a little fun," he smiled, taking a few steps towards Jason. "If I can't have Miranda no one can," he yelled jumping at Jason. Both tumbled to the ground, Jason was trying to push back Brandon's arm which was coming down on him with the long thick knife. I screamed, trying to push up with my hands and get off the bed but I failed. Pain swelled in my wrist making me gasp and sit back down. My mom stepped back, her hands trembling in fear and worry. My dad leapt at the two younger men, pulling back on Brandon's neck and pushing down on his back with his knee... is he trying to snap him in half? I screamed at them telling them to quit it, (like that'd ever happen.) Brandon reached his arm back and stabbed down at Jason leaving a long wide gash behind on his arm. "Jason!" I yelled, trying to crawl my way out of the bed and by his side, but it was no use. My dad let go of his grasp on Brandon, but that was a mistake, Brandon grabbed him by the neck and slit his throat, letting go and letting him drop. Limp on the ground. Brandon smiled and walked towards me, then did some sort of karate jump kick and hit me square in the jaw, snapping my neck and knocking me out.

I gasped, grabbing the sheets towards my chest and began crying, I sobbed so hard that the bed shook. Tears fell onto my hospital gown. I'm fine, I'm fine, I thought over and over again until I could finally slow my breathing and let go of the sheets. That wasn't real, that wasn't real, Jason's alive, I'm alive, dad's alive and Brandon's gone, none of that was real... my chest heaved up and down so fast that it made my head spin.

Rain pounded the hospital's rooftop, making a hard splashing noise. The sky was gray with a bit of blue dabbed everywhere, sort of like a painting. I'm going to be fine, I calmed down. I'm not going to hallucinate again, I promised my self, laying back down and cuddling with my pillow, leaving my head bare on the mattress. I sighed, thinking about the happier times... without... Him.

Brandon's POV

I laid my head down the small thin pillow on a flat cot that was laid for me in my aunt's attic. I asked her for help. Help to hide from the police. Since she lived in a one room bungalow, I was stuck here for now. I inhaled and out haled, closing my eyes and begun to think.

Why did I do it? Why... Why did I hurt the one person I loved the most. Short videos flowed into my mind. One of stabbing her on the stomach.. Twice, and one of me slapping her so hard her lips bled. Blood... lots and lots of blood. Why did I do it. I sat down and crossed my legs covering my face with my hands and slamming my hand on the thin wooden board walls of my Aunt's attic. Screaming at the top of my lungs, the veins in my neck popped out like wire streaming down my neck and back. "WHY!!" I yelled, jumping up from my bed and covering my face with my hands again, sort of bouncing. I walked up towards the wall with a swagger to my step and punch the wall. Feeling the thin wooden board crumble under my knuckles. I pulled my hand from the wall, feeling the sting of a couple wood splinters sticking into my skin. Blood dripping down my hand. I sniffed, well snorted the pain back, but ignoring it. I ripped the bottom of my really long, white undershirt and tied it around my knuckles, using it as a bandage.

I shouldn't complain about this, I thought to myself, sitting back on the bed and leaning over, resting my head on my hands. I put Miranda through worst things. I huffed out a sharp breath, shaking my head, I really need to make things up to her. But her brother... on the other hand had to ruin things. I bet he's the one who told Miranda about Laura... it's his fault were over, he came in between us, he broke us up... it's all his fault. Miranda is mine, always has been and always will be. Jason will see, he'll see that when he interferes with something this perfect, there's always consequences, and he's going to get his very soon. This might hurt Miranda, but I can't lose her, I'll gain her back, She'll see how good I am, and how much I've changed.

I sighed smiling, planning out my next attack. I rest one of my legs on the other and folded my arms behind my head to cushion on my head. I closed my eyes. "Jason, Jason you don't have a clue what I've got in store for you," I said, laughing patting my hand on my bed, feeling the rough bump of my trusty knife stashed under it. Hmm... I can't wait to see his face when I see him.. I laughed, laughed so hard that it brought tears to my eyes.

I just laid there resting my pretty little head, knowing tomorrow will be a fun day.