Bullshit

Steve Harrington

Bullshit

I was walking through the double wooden doors, clutching my books to my chest as I made my way through the busy halls of worn-out students.

Their eyes were all droopy from the previous night of staying up all late, talking to friends or going out to parties.

"Hey, Annalise!" I turn on my heels at the sound of my name to see my friend Elle waving her hands back and forth energetically, trying to capture my attention.

I give her a soft smile and watch as she pushes students out of her way to reach me. Some giving her dirty looks after being pushed back. "Hey!" She reaches over to me and brings me into a hug.

"I didn't see you at the Halloween party last night." She pouted as she hanged her arm around my shoulder, pulling me to the direction of the homeroom class we had together.

"That's normal. I never go to parties, Elle. You know that." I said to her, shrugging.

She let out a sigh, throwing her head back. "You're so Anti-Social! You need to get out more." I laughed at her.

"I'll rather stay home and read a book then go out and get hammered until the sun rises." I walked into Mr. Neal's classroom, Elle followed.

We both sat at the very back and I placed my elbows on the wooden table, resting the side of my left cheek on the palm of my hand.

"Well, you're missing out." She places down her books on her table while mine rested down beside my foot on the floor.

"Like what?" I asked as I turned to her. "Seeing students dance up against each other? Or drunk off the ass kids throwing up in the bathroom while they trash the house?"

She pursed her lips. "That one new kid, what's his face, oh yeah, Billy, he was there."

"Billy? Billy Hargrove? The one who tried kissing me?" I asked, laughing. "Oh yeah, I'm sure missing out." I let out a small laugh as the bell rang.

The class soon filled quickly with chattering students. "I didn't know he tried kissing you. I'll kick his gross ass." Elle slides down in her seat with a pout and crossed her arms.

I laughed again at her childish behavior this morning. "I bet you have a massive hangover," I whispered to her with a grin.

"Shut up." Was all she said, making my grin widen.

Halfway through homeroom, the door swung open making it hit the wall with a thud. Everyone looked up from their worksheet and towards the door where Steve Harrington walked in with sunglasses covering his eyes.

I was guessing he also had a major hangover as he looked... dead like. His head moved back and forth as he was looking for a seat until it suddenly stopped in the direction of Elle and me.

I couldn't tell who he was looking at because of his dark sunglasses. He could be looking at me but for all I know, he could be looking at Elle or the girl in front of me who was twirling around her straight blonde hair around her finger.

"Good morning, Mr. Harrington. I'm glad to finally see you, halfway through the class." Mr. Neal crosses his arms as he looked up at Steve.

Steve just nodded as he continued looking my way. I figured he wasn't looking at me as I'm the most invisible girl in this school. I looked back down at my worksheet and continued writing away as I heard footsteps making their way down the narrow line of desks until it stopped right beside me.