Chapter 1: The Date clan's treasure

For a long time, omegas have been a rare treasure exclusive to the rich and the royal. With their extraordinary looks, exotic scents and ability to breed, they are magnificent creatures adored by both alphas and betas alike. However, due to their stronger auras, as well as the fame and fortune from their familes, alphas come from older bloodlines tend to win in fights for the hand of an omega.

In most cases, omegas are born by another one. Thus, after a few generations, almost all omegas are either from the old clans or the royal family, which is good for them, in a way. Omegas have lighter bone, smaller frame and weaker muscles. Overall, most omegas can't take care of themselves properly, especially after reaching puberty, when they become vulnerable to other males' scents and commanding voices of alphas.

Most, but not all.

Tsurumaru Kuninaga is one of the exceptions. Being the first child of Lord Date Masamune - a general well-known for his amazing tatics, Tsurumaru inherits the love for combat and shows his sword-fighting talents at a rather early age. By 10 years old, he could beat many alphas and betas around his age with just one hand. Rumors spreaded around the kindom about a special  crane, pure as the moonlight, but fierce and bloodlust as a warrior. Some consider him unfit to be an omega and require Lord Date to train him properly; but most think of him as a fiesty, exotic creature, unlike those common weak-minded omegas.

Lord Date Masamune has made it clear that Tsurumaru will not accept any suitors until he reach 16 and have his first heat, but by the age of 15, the young crane has receive more courting gifts, lovesongs and poems than flowers in his garden. Of course, most was thrown away by servants before Tsurumaru look at them, and the lovesicks could-be suitors were feigned off by an extremely furious Ookurikara, unless they are ready to face Mitsutada's merciless sword. Courting gifts can not be accepted easily: once accepted, that alpha or beta will automatically become a suitor, and have the rights to court, smell and even scent marking the omega. Tsurumaru only keep a pair of feather earrings, since the gift was given anonymously, no hint of the giver whatsoever. It could be from a silent admirer or a promising candidate, but it is clear that it can not be used as a proof to claim suitor's privilege.

Just like all other omegas, Tsurumaru is kept inside their clan's palace since he was only 10. However, the high walls and tight security clearly wans't enough, and only after Ookurikara and Mitsutada returned from the military school did Tsurumaru stop sneaking out. The pair follow him every step, like two shadows lingering by his side, ready to snap at anyone who dare to come closer than 10 footsteps:

"You should not let him touch you" growls a furious Ookurikara. Although he has a serious case of brother-complex, he hates to admit it in front of Tsurumaru "His smell could taint you!!!"

"He's just a servant" Tsurumaru emphasises the word "He is suppose to help me pick the scabbard up so we can rematch"

"How about you taking a rest, and let me face him for a change?" Mitsutada cuts in. As much as they love dueling with their older brother, they are still awared of the fact that Tsurumaru is an omega, and omegas get tired easily. Him accidentally dropping the scabbard is the sign that today's practice is coming to an end.

"But I'm not even finish yet Mitsu-bou~" Tsurumaru whines pathetically, but he has already strapped his sword to his belt. Ookurikara has been getting stronger lately, and even if he doesn't want to admit it, it's hard to keep up with the younger one. Lord Date is extremely pleased with that news though, since the Tsurumaru is turning 16 in a few months - which means more accidents with strangers, more bold alphas challenging the clan outright for his hand, and even bolder ones aiming to kidnap the omega.

"Do you have any special plans for your birthday, Tsuru-bou? Father want to invite some candidates to the dinner, but if you are uncomfortable with it we will withdraw the invitation immediately." Even when cornered by Ookurikara, Mitsutada still manage to keep his charming pose "We have the morning all to ourselves though, so you can open a small party with your friends. Or if you have some other ideas, we can go see Father after showering. It is supposed to be your day, after all."

Tsurumaru just laugh it off:

"Does that even matter? We all know the fun part is wayyyyyyyy past midnight, and we aren't spoiling the fun by inviting strangers."

It has been almost a custom for them to sneak out on Tsurumaru's birthday. The crane longs to be free, but he can't show up in the public for fear of being harm. But just for that day only, he can go out, disguised of course, visit any place he wants, eat anything he wish, and even get drunk if Mitsutada allows him to. A special occasion, shared by the three of them only.

Ah, not three anymore. Taikogane will reach 10 in no time, it is high time the boy join his brothers' secret group, Tsurumaru muses to himself. Lost in thought, he doesn't realize that the duel was already over.

"Tsuru-bou?"

"Ah yes, sorry for that, I was thinking a little bit..." Tsurumaru laugh sheepishly "Who won?"

"Me" Comes Ookurikara's reply. He dislike talking in general, but for his Tsuru-bou, a little more talking won't kill, eh? "I tackled him to the ground then disarm him."

"Ookurikara's sword skill has improved greatly since he take the advance class at school. Maybe it's time for me to prepare new tricks as well, right?" Mitsutada pokes at the tan male's rib, earning a low grunt.

"Advance class? Where?" Having never gone to a military school, Tsurumaru is naturally curious about his brother's study environment.

"The military school. They have a special class for uchigatana, wakizashi and tantou wielders. The tests are so hard that  I was surprised when Kara-bou passed!"

The three of them continuing their chit-chatting all the way to the onsen, with Tsurumaru pressing his brothers to tell him more about the class:

"I heard that students have to duel with each other every lesson, and if they can't guarantee a certain win rate then they are eliminated, right Kara-bou?"

"Duels?"

"Duels with their fellow classmates, their teachers, and even promising students using other types of swords! Winning matches against teachers or well-known sword fighters counts more, I think."

And all of sudden, Tsurumaru comes up with a crazy idea.

"Mitsu-bou, Kara-bou, I think I have a nice idea for my birthday."

-------------------------------------
This chapter is specially for the Date-gumi, because I loveeeeeee their interactions. They seem to be very close to each other, and I need more of brotherly fluffs.

Tsurumaru is almost 16, Mitsu-bou and Kara-bou are both 13, while Taikogane is about 9 or 10? I'm planning to let Taikogane become a beta, please let me know if you have other ideas, or any new couples to be add to the story.

Comments are extremely appreciated!!!!!