The room grew quiet and I was trying to think of anything i could possibly say to make it less awkward. 

"Let's go watch a movie." I smile while leading him to my bedroom. "What are we going to watch?" He asks, taking off his shoes and setting them by my dresser. "Anything we can find on Netflix i guess," I say while hopping on top of my bed and turning on the tv. 

Gus gets up on the bed and sits down next to me. We sit and watch a few episodes of ATypical before he ends up falling asleep.  I look at the clock and it was already eight o'clock. How did the time go by so fast? 

I turned off the tv along with the lights and laid down next to him. As i got under the covers, Gus awoke, still half asleep and got under the covers as well. He waited until i laid down completely before laying down next to me. A few minutes had passed and he eventually wrapped his arms around me. 

10:17 pm

I sat up out of bed, noticing Gus was nowhere to be found. I looked around the room and noticed his shoes were still by the door. I got out of bed and walked out of my room. He wasn't in the living room, nor the kitchen. 

I walked back in my room and noticed the balcony door was open. I walked outside onto the balcony and saw Gus sitting in the chair with a blunt in his hand. He hadn't noticed i walked out yet so I decided to admire him obliviously.  

"You good?" I say after a few minutes. He jumps with a startled expression on his face while looking at me. "Yeah. I'm fine." 

I sigh and sit down next to him. "Day went by fast, didn't it?" He chuckles while passing me the blunt. "Yeah," I said while taking it out of his hands and taking a hit of it. 

"Violet!" I heard Michelle yell from the living room. "Why is she here?" Gus looks at me while taking the blunt back out of my hands. 

I shrug my shoulders and yell back, "Balcony!" 

A few moments later, she walks out on the balcony with two bottles of vodka in her hands but as soon as she sees Gus, she hides them behind her back. 

"No need to hide them." He shrugs his shoulders while sticking the blunt between his lips. "I didn't know you had...company." She raises an eyebrow. "Um yeah.." I stand up and shove my hands in the pockets of my joggers. 

"I can see if Raven wants to come over too if you want." Gus pitches in. "It's alright...I actually have plans with him in a few. I was just coming to drop these off for tomorrow." Michelle says while looking down at the two bottles of vodka. 

"What's tomorrow?" I ask. 

"The party?" Michelle looks at me questioningly. "Sorry, I forgot." I laugh while shaking my head. I didn't forget, I just didn't know. 

"Well, I'm gonna get going. See you tomorrow." She says before walking back inside. "What party?" Gus asks me as i close the balcony door.  "I dont know." I shrug my shoulders while leaning against the railing. I looked down at the street and watched as the cars rode by fast enough to leave streaks of red and white lights. 

"Come here." I heard Gus say. I turn around and he adjusts himself in his chair and pats his lap. I smile before walking towards him and sitting down on his lap. He wraps one arm around my waist tightly. After a couple of minutes, he throws what was left of the blunt off the balcony. 

He then wraps his other arm around me and lays his head gently on my back. I looked across the busy street and saw someone sitting on their balcony as well, which was kind of creepy. 

I adjusted myself to where I was sitting sideways on his lap and his arms laid out across my legs. I look at him, trying to figure out what it was about him that I adored, and he returns my exploration with a smile. 

I slowly lean in, crashing my lips against his. His hand wraps around the back of my neck, kissing me back. We both pull back and he raises his eyebrow at me. "You just kissed me without knowing a single thing about me. What if I was a serial killer?" He jokes.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and chuckle while laying my head in the crevis of his neck. "What's this?" Gus rubs his fingers against my wrist, on the small tattoo. "It's angel wings," I say while pulling my sleeve up so he could see them better.

"What's the meaning behind it?"

"I dont remember..." I look at the wings on my wrists, trying to remember. 

***

Time with Gus seemed to go by fast, and i couldn't figure out why. It was starting to get confusing. 

"My friend Elijah says he knows you." Gus laughs as he sends a snap of me sitting across from him. 

"That name sounds familiar.," I said while thinking to myself of who that could possibly be.  

I looked at Gus who was already looking at me. "What?" I smile as we curled up on the couch. "Your mom comes home today, right?" He wraps his arms around me and holds me tightly. "What?" I look up at him. "It's been three weeks, isn't she coming home today?" He looks down at me. i hadnt realized it had been that long already, it didn't feel like it. I shrug my shoulders and sigh. 

"Hey, can i tell you something?" Gus squeezes my arm gently. Gus and I aren't anything official, but more like people who have hung out every single day so far and have gotten to know each other so quickly. 

"What is it?" I ask worriedly. He had seemed serious and it was concerning me.

"I'm..." He goes to say but then all of a sudden, everything flashes before my eyes. 

please comment, vote, and follow!

let us know in the comments how you like the book so far!