"The beach?" My voice sounded more enthusiastic than I intended to. I have been wanting to go to the beach for some time now and clearly, I am not so good at hiding my excitement. James stopped the car and surprisingly ran to my side and opened my door for me.

"I knew you'd like it here. Come on!" He said and grabbed my hand, tugging me towards the beach. And to my surprise, I didn't complain.

"Hey, James!" A tan and tall boy waved at him as we neared the refreshment stand.

James slapped his arm. "What's up, Brad? Everything good here today?"

"Pretty much. I didn'y know you'd be here. Do you have a shift for today?"

James placed his arm around my shoulder. "Nah! I'm just here to show my girl around."

I scoffed and wiggled out of his hold.

Brad laughed at this. "So what can I get you guys?"

"Deli sandwich and taquitos and four seasons smoothie." James replied. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What? I'm hungry." He said.

"Got it!" Brad wrote it down.

"Thanks, man." James reached down behind the counter and took a black bag before grabbing my hand and taking me in the open area. Once we were there, he let go of my hand and opened the bag revealing a plaid picnic blanket, laying it down in one try.

He sat down and made himself comfortable as he patted the space next to him for me to take. I snorted at him and crossed my arms. "Do you always have that blanket prepared for all the girls you bring out here?"

"No. I don't bring girls here. I usually bring them to clubs." He answered.

"And I'm supposed to feel special?" I laughed.

"You are special." 

I choked on my laugh. I stared at the James in front of me who has a prefect dead serious look on his face that I'm not sure if he's just messing with me again. I cleared my throat to hide my creeping blush and sat down a few feet away from him. It was also the same time that Brad arrived with our food.