Chapter 26

Thank you, bojanajovanovic, for this pretty banner! You rock! XD

~~~~~~

"W-What did you say?"

Josh shook his head and sighed. "I'm not J. James is."

Abby and I stared at Josh for a few moments not knowing what to say. Here we thought that he is J and  here he is telling us he's not J and James is. How did he know that? And how did he even know we though he is J?

Abby forced a laugh and nudged me with her shoulder. "I'm pretty sure I heard him wrong. He's joking, right? Did you hear what he said? Did you hear him like I heard him?"

I opened my mouth to answer Abby but closed it again. I looked at Josh and frowned. What is he talking about?

"I know about J." He said. "I heard you and Abby talking about him once. I didn't mind it at first. But then a few weeks ago, I saw James slip something inside your locker. Then on that day, I heard you and Abby again talking about this J. I puzzled the pieces together."

I continue to stare at Josh. James is J? 

"Are you sure, Josh?" Abby narrowed her eyes at him. "Aren't you just covering yourself? James could have just simply dropped anything. You can't just say he's J."

"He told me." He admitted. "James is J."

~~~~~

He walks the dark streets of night,

His soul without a trace of light.

When all is asleep and dark,

Then he sets out and puts his mask.

He steals the heart of one and many

Without thoughts of reserve or any.

And on that night the moon is fullest,

My heart he stole the deepest.

"What's that you're writing?" Abby suddenly appeared behind me. I quickly closed my notebook and faced her.

"Nothing."

Abby raised an eyebrow and smiled at me. "That's not nothing. Give it to me." She tried to snatch the notebook from me but I quickly hid it inside my shirt and hugged myself.