I feel so Alone in this world

Elliot's POV

What am I meant to do? Leave to school, pretend I'm happy just for it to be torn down.

Or do I just go feeling how I do now, and get concerned and worried looks from other kids I know don't care.

Why can't life be simple?

I'm laying on my bed, I woke up About ten minutes ago due to a nightmare, that was more of a memory.

Why did everything have to change? I remember it like it was yesterday, it was the first day my father hit me.

Flashback

Walking happily through the door, I really wanted to tell mom and dad about my drawing I did today.

It was of a pumpkin since thanksgiving was coming up.

I brought it home too, maybe mom will put it on the fridge!

"Dad, guess what?" I exclaim walking towards him as he sits on the couch. But all he does is nod his head.

So I decide to tell him anyway, "I drew a pumpkin, though Mrs. Knight had to help me" but again all he does is nod his head.

So I just continued on talking about my day, to dad who I think was listening. He's nodding so I think he is.

After awhile he stood up, and then I soon felt a stinging feeling on my cheek. My eyes started to water.

"Go to your room, I'm leaving" he yelled almost as if he realized what he'd done, I nod and make my way upstairs to my room.

That was the one of the last times I genuinely smiled, you could say.

It's funny too because the next day he apologized and promised not to do it again. But he did a few years later and said the same exact thing.

Yet that day still haunts me, nine years later.

I haven't seen him angry since yesterday, and to be honest I'm scared he's going to do it again. But this time I don't think he'd come back and apologize, and that's what scares me.

Leaving my thoughts I groan as I hear the annoying alarm I set to wake up for school. Quickly shutting it off, I rub my eyes sitting up.

I didn't realize I woke up so early.

Getting up I make my way to the restroom. Doing my business before brushing my teeth, after that I just comb my hair, pulling it to the side, just how I like it.

And as for clothes, I don't actually care. So grabbing a random pair of blue jeans and shirt, that is a maroon color. I swiftly throw them on, along with my black beat up converse.

Walking out of my room, moms in her room. But dad's not there, weird.

Continuing the short journey to the living room, I grab my bag that's leaning against the end of the stairs, throwing it over my shoulder. I see dad laying on the couch, a beer bottle in his hand.

He may be heartless, but I'm not. Going up to him I put the bottle onto the coffee table, and grab a small blanket and throw it over him.

When I'm done I exit the door and walk to hell.. in other words school. But what's the difference?

I love about 15 minutes away from school, and we only have one car. And mom and dad use it, so I walk.

I would say it helps me clear my mind, but I'd be lying. I have enough time to think at home. It just helps me think more, and I have to stay after school today. I've apparently been lacking in history, so I need to catch up.

I didn't even notice, I was already at the front entrance. Taking a deep breath, I hang my head low and walk in.

People stared and whispered to their friends, not bothering to hide their stares.

It's almost as if I'm suffocating, walking towards my locker. Like the walls are caging in, only paying attention the voices, their voices.

It makes me feel alone, like I have no one. No friends, and my parents don't really care.

In this world filled with 7 billion people, I'm alone. And I just don't understand why, would it hurt someone to be friends with me.

-----

Boom another chapter, and I know they may seem short but I go an average of 700 or more words

Boom another chapter, and I know they may seem short but I go an average of 700 or more words. Maybe over time they'll get longer!

Enjoy! Vote and comment!