Ch 12 May Vs Ash

Ash pretended to think about it for a moment before answering. "Alright, May," He said smiling. "This could be the last time we see each other for a while, so why not? But I won't go easy on you."

May smiled brightly. "This is it," The Hoenn Princess thought. "This is how I finish my journey through Kanto: with a contest." She looked at Max and Brock who were looking at the Pokégear trying to find the Pokémon Centre in the small town. "It was a fun journey, and I will never forget all the adventures I had..." She then turned to Ash who seemed to be arguing with Pikachu. She laughed softly when Pikachu lightly slapped Ash on the cheek. She smiled briefly at the trainer before frowning slightly. "But do I really want it to end?"

"I guess we should start heading to the Pokémon Centre, so you guys can register for the contest," Brock said to his young companions.

When they arrived at the Pokémon Centre, they checked into a room. They looked at the clock and saw it was seven o' clock in the evening. The group quickly walked to the contest hall, so Ash and May could register for the contest tomorrow. After Ash and May registered for the contest, they all decided to go back to their rooms to get some rest. Everyone, but May, quickly fell asleep after doing their nightly routines. She was staring at the ceiling while lying on her bed. She was on the top bunkbed while Max was on the bottom bed. Ash and Brock were on the bunkbed across from hers; Ash was on the top bed, and Brock was on the bottom bed.

"I will give it my all tomorrow in the contest," May thought to herself. "And I can't take it lightly even if it's not an official one. It won't be easy with Ash entering as well." She sighed and turned towards the messy raven-haired trainer. She looked at him and smiled as she saw Pikachu curled up in a ball next him. "Ash is really cute with his hair messed up," She blushed at the thought she just had. The Hoenn Princess took a deep breath in before continuing. "I think I should just go to sleep before I start thinking of things I shouldn't be," May closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep. She wanted to remain focused on appeals and battle rounds, not confusing feelings about a close friend.

(The Next Day at the Contest)

"We are proud to present the Terracotta Town Contest!" Lillian exclaimed. "I'm proud to present our three judges today." She pointed behind her where there were three podiums with one person behind each one. "First, we have Mr. Sukizo!"

"Remarkable!" Mr. Sukizo said.

"Then, we have Mr. Contesta!"

"It's great to be here," Raoul Contesta said.

"And finally, we have our very own Nurse Joy from Terracotta Town!"

"I hope everyone has a good time," Nurse Joy said.

The crowd went wild as they were excited to see the people appearing in the contest. Brock and Max sat in audience. Their seats were surprisingly close to the stage.

"Our first contestant is Ash from Pallet Town!" Lillian announced.

Ash came out with Pikachu on his shoulder. He smiled because he knew it was going to be a better appeal than the last time he entered. Ash promised himself that he would have a specular appeal round every time he did a contest.

"Pikachu, jump and use Electro Ball!" Ash said.

"Pika," Pikachu said as he jumped and fired the ball of electricity in the air.

"Use Iron Tail!"

Pikachu slammed his tail on the Electro Ball which caused little yellow sparks to surround the stadium.

"Wow!" Lillian said. "Not only was it really beautiful, but I have never seen a move like that before! This Pikachu must be one of a kind!"

The crowd was so amazed they cheered very loudly.