Part 3

“Stephan!” she shouts as she waves her hands in the air excitedly.

        He turns to his side, following her voice. Once he realizes that it’s her, he breaks out into a grin and ambles over. He too, has a skip in his step as he approaches, and I narrow my eyes.

        “This is for you,” he says smoothly, holding out the bouquet of reds and pinks. “You look beautiful today.”

        “This…is for me?” she accepts the bouquet with shock in her expression. She trembles, but her eyes are sparkling.

        She is happy, but I am not. I don’t like the way she looks at him, and I especially hate the way he looks back at her, with blue eyes clearer than day, eyes that I never had. She’s always talked about how much she loved those eyes, and I abhorred them so much at this moment that I wanted to gauge them out with my bare hands.

        I am seething, but they don’t know. She can’t see me, and he can’t see me. They only see each other, and I clench my fists in rage. I swing it down, prepared to see it deflect off his skin, but instead, it falls through his hand. My eyes widen, and I hover there, shaken. Slowly, I raise my misty hands and place it on his shoulder. Like before, it slips through again, and I inhale sharply.

        I could possess him… If I become him, then I would be able to be with her. She would see me for once in her life. Yes…I can become him.

        I turn my attention back to her, and I soften.

        She is gorgeous. She is my happiness, and she will be all mine, only mine.