Chapter 18 - Confused

Start from the beginning

"What was that about proving me wrong, Harry?" I ask and he just chuckles. Good old Harry, really knows how to laugh at himself.

After a while the score has become eight to seven, my team up by one. Louis gets the ball, and I rush after him to keep him from scoring while Liam and Zayn block his passing options.

"You can't stop me, love," Louis assures me, and I roll my eyes.

"I wouldn't count on that, Lou." He brings his leg back then forward again and kicks the ball as hard as he can. As he follows through on the kick, his leg extends nearly as high as his head. The ball flys into the air on impact. It spirals toward the ceiling and comes into contact with the light. The light falls to the ground and smashes into a million pieces.

We are all silent a minute, just staring at the damage Louis has done.

"Louis, you idiot!" Zayn cries in his thick, Bradford accent. At this, we all fall into hysterics. We crack up laughing at the shards of glass all over the floor because of Louis' wild kick.

"I'm sure it can be fixed," he says and we laugh harder.

"Fixed? You destroyed the bloody thing!" Liam cries as we continue laughing.

"I think this means no more football for today," Niall says through uncontrollable laughter, his face red.

"It also means we win by default," I add.

"Why do you win?" Harry asks.

"Because no one from our team broke the bus!" Zayn answers. Another round of laughter fills the room.

"Winner group hug!" I announce and pull Liam and Zayn in for a tight embrace. After we pull away, Zayn keeps his arm around my waist. He proceeds to pick me up bridal style, walk over to the sofa, and sit down with me on his lap.

"Since we can't play anymore, we might as well go back to sleep," he says to me and I nod.

"Zayn and I are taking a nap! Wake us up when we get to the arena!" I announce. The other lads agree to be our alarm.

Zayn lays down, resting his head against the arm of the couch. I lay my head on his chest while my arm lies on his stomach and my legs are draped across his. I don't know about him, but I can't think of a better way to fall asleep. I close my eyes, and soon I hear the sound of Zayn's heart. It's beating rather quickly. I smile at the realization that I can make Zayn's heart race. That smile stays on my face as I drift to sleep.

********************************************

I'm awoken harshly as I feel myself tumble from the sofa to the floor. Zayn's body immediately falls on top of mine, and we both groan, still half asleep. I look to see Liam, Louis, Harry, and Niall laughing their asses off as they stand behind the couch. They must've tipped it over and caused Zayn and I to fall off.

"We're here!"

"No shit," I grumble and push Zayn off of me.

I stand up, grab my phone, and throw my shoes on. All six of us exit the bus and are met by Paul outside. He starts leading us into the arena so we can begin our sound check.

"Paul, Louis did something bad!" I say and Paul turns to me.

"What now?" he asks.

"It wasn't me, Paul! It was Bri, I swear!" Louis cries and I shake my head. Paul looks at us questionably.

"Who are you gonna believe, Paulie? Louis or your fellow Irishman-woman...person?" I ask and he chuckles.

"I trust you, Brianna. What did Tomlinson do?"