20

AN: I'm sorry if this story seems rushed, that's because it is. I'm just trying to finish it, it's been going on for to long. Please bear with me.

*"*"*"*"*"

Life was good. At least for Michael it was. He had everything, a good job, a nice house and a beautiful wife. One who would soon bear him babies if they continued the way they were going .

“Michael you’re staring at me again”
“I can’t help it,” You’re just so beautiful,” he said.

“I know that, but thank you,” she said, favoring him with a smile. “And if I do say so myself, you don’t look too bad.”

“I know, else you would not have married me,” he said.

“Truer words have never been said,” she replied. “Now, let’s eat.”

“I’d rather be eating you,” he said. Picking up a fork and giving her a wink.

“Michael! someone might hear you,” she said, looking around the restaurant and feeling mortified. She had been the one to suggest that they eat out, the last time the food had been so good, she wanted to taste it again, and there was something more enjoyable about food when it was not you who made it.

“Let them hear, I’m sure they will agree with me,” Michael said.

She bent down her head, hiding her blush. Michael was good with his mouth, and she meant that in every context. He said things that made her feel special, and the things he did with his mouth left her feeling things she never knew she could. She lifted her head, and met his eyes. A small smile was playing on his lips. That smile made her heart skip. She’d fallen in love with that smile, and the man to whom it belonged. She did not know how it happened but she’d come to love the man. He was smart, he was kind, he was good looking and even if he did not actually love her, he was still very loving.

Michael watched as she tried to hide her blush, but he’d seen it. The food, like the last time they were here, tasted great, but not as great as she was sure to taste this night. He smiled at the thought.

She lifted her head and he smiled at her. It was like falling in love again, the elation and the euphoria. He was doing and saying crazy things, like he’d just done. He was falling in love with this new side of her. The one that was confident, rather than arrogant, the one that was always caring, not just sometimes, this side of her that made love rather than just sex and wanted to cuddle after. He was falling in love with her again, and for different reasons this time.

He leaned forward and kissed her square on her lips, long and slow, not minding where they were. When he pulled back, her eyes were closed and she was breathing heavily.

“What was that about?” she asked him as she opened her eyes and looked around. They had an audience this time.

“The kiss of a man who isn’t ashamed to show how much he loves his wife.”

“Oh,” she said, blushing again.

*"*"*"*"*"*
Vote and comment.