Chapter 7

Layton to the side. Keep in mind he's many years younger than he was from Forever Yours and Forever Mine so I had to use a different person.

Chapter 7

Have you every said or done something but the second it happens you immediately wanted to take it back? That's how I'm feeling right now while staring at the furious eyes of Karla.

I don't even know what happened. Something in me just snapped and the next thing I knew, I'm staring at an extremely furious girl who's most likely going to attack me at any second. Everyone around us is silent, waiting for someone to make the first move.

All of a sudden Karla lunges at me from across the table. Acting on instinct, as soon as she's close enough I grab her arm and toss her to the other side of the room, making her hit the wall. My breathing starts to become more erratic and I close my eyes to try and calm myself down in case my eyes change color.

Once I'm positive that I'm calm enough, I slowly open my eyes and look around to see everyone's expressions. All of them look at me with a mixture of shock, awe, and some curiosity. As I watch Karla slowly get up while holding her rib, it then occurs to me what I just did.

Me, a supposed human, just stopped a girl who's supposed to be three times stronger than me.

"How did you do that?" Brandon asks with a shocked expression.

Everyone is waiting for my answer and I know that I can't stay silent forever. "As I've said before, I hunt a lot. I'm used to being lunged at by things that weigh a lot and I learned how to defend myself," I reply, feeling glad that my answer actually made sense.

"Are you calling me fat!" Karla exclaims, putting a hand on her hip while narrowing her eyes at me. I don't bother to answer her and instead take a peek at Drew's expression. He's looking at me with slight awe but there's still that empty look in them, almost as if he wants to be anywhere but here. Still, he does look curious as to how I managed to throw his girlfriend to the wall.

Girlfriend, I'm starting to hate that word knowing that the label belonged to Karla, of all people.

"Settle down!" the king demands with a strong voice. "Everyone's dismissed." With those two words, everyone simultaneously stands up and starts to walk away. Not knowing what else to do, I follow after Braydon.

He turns back to look at me over his shoulder and smiles seeing me follow him before continuing on his way. Looks like I made the right choice to follow him.

***

"That was incredible!" he exclaims, letting me in his room and shutting the door. I look around the room and tilt my head to the side a bit. Judging by how it looks like, I'm guessing that Braydon is a guard of some sort, although he doesn't dress like one.

The walls of his room are painted in a dark navy blue color. Mounted on one wall are various swords and other weapons. There's a table against that same wall filled with maps that I recognize as Bathum, only each map is labeled differently.

I watch him sit down on his bed and slip off his shoes before he glances at me. "There's not really that much to clean around here since I don't have a lot anyways. After you hunt, you should just come back here and clean or something since it's a lot safer than wandering around here by yourself," he explains. He glances at me before a frown forms on his lips. "Are you tired?"

I shrug. "Not really. But what do you mean after I hunt? Is there a specific time I should be hunting?"

"Early morning, and I mean like two or three am, you need to go to the kitchen, it's the door where the servants came from, and one of the cooks will give you a list. You need to hunt whatever is on the list and return it back to the kitchen. After that just come back here," he explains.