"Maia so good to see you, I'm glad you decided to come back after all."

"Hello Dr. yes thank you for agreeing to see me. I know Eric is your client but I can't afford this and well let's face it he's the reason I'm here."

"So will Eric not be joining us?"

"No he won't." I say getting a little more comfortable.

"Okay then Maia why don't you tell me why you're here."

"I wanted to hear your thoughts on this thing with Eric and I. Should I forgive him?"

She adjusts in her seat and smiles, "Why did you go to richard's house instead of going home or your girl friends house? Eric tells me you have a best friend who is kind of your wife."

"I just—I...I didn't want to."

"So are you planning on forgiving Eric?"

"I don't know maybe maybe a small part of me wants to forgive him maybe this has all just been blown out of proportion. I'm too scared to find out the details of their relationship. I'm scared to really know. I still love him even with all this anger. I'm still in love, I wouldn't have married him if I wasn't."

She crosses her legs and leans forward so that I might really hear what she has to say.

"Don't you think on some level you not telling your loved ones was because you knew you'd stick with him even after this? That maybe you've already forgiven him and it's you who you don't forgive?"

Me? What do I have to be sorry about?

"Excuse me?"

"Is it possible that you're angry with yourself for having forgiven him so quickly? Is it possible you're angry with yourself for not having seen it before? Is it possible you're angry that you still love him even though he's hurting you?"

"You're good."

I stand to my feet, so I'm not angry with him I'm angry with me.

Getting out of her office I drive over to Jordan's. Buzzing the intercom she chooses to ignore me. Petty as usual, rolling my eyes I stand by the intercom and keep buzzing.

When she finally answers, "Go away!"

"If you don't let me up I'll start singing and we know how terrible I am at that."

The door unlocks and I let myself in. Getting to her door she opens it and I attack her in an embrace. Surprised by my attack she and I fall onto the couch.

"I missed you." I tell her.

"Don't think because u let you in that I'm happy with you. I was merely being neighborly and protecting the ears of our fellow New Yorkers."

Laughing together I begin to cry. The relief of laughing and being with my best friend every wall, weight, pressure, appearances I've been holding up immediately comes down. She switches up hugging me tightly allowing me to cry into her shoulder. Letting me go she gets two glasses a bottle of Chardonnay and meets me on the couch.

"But your breast milk?"

"I'll pump it out and start fresh tomorrow I've already got frozen milk stored for her anyway. We need to talk."

Starting from the wedding night and everything that's transpired before and after I tell her it all. Crying, to ugly crying, to joking to laughing to being angry and finally finding peace. Jordan listens to everything intently and doesn't but in but to make some noises that go along the lines of mmm...girl and etcetera.

She snaps at the end of it all, "That bitch!" She sips her glass, "That bitch was in love with him the whole time. Your sister is a jealous conniving scheming little bitch." Pacing the room she sips her drink again, "The nerve on that bitch....and don't think I'm not mad at Eric for taking the bait but he's just a man. The clever conniving scheme on that bitch..."

I smile and embrace Jordan, "Thank you...I was so afraid of what you'd say."

"How are you and Eric now?"

"I've been giving him a cold shoulder...but the sex is good still." She laughs and I add, "He's been trying to fix things he thinks we should do our honeymoon."

"Oh that will certainly fix things." She jokes rolling her hips. "Look I didn't always care for Eric but from what I hear he's pretty sorry about whatever happened between them. He's madly in love with you we can all see that. I think you need her him out. Not your angry hear him out but actually listen to what he's saying. Maybe then it'll be easier and from this your relationship can truly blossom."

I hug her so tight I feel her bones, "I love you Jordan and thank you for saying that. Richard really has me mind fucked there..."

She rolls her eyes, "I've never liked him. You can't listen to him he's drooling all over you." She imitates a drooling zombie like person coming onto me. Laughing for just the moment I feel like everything is going to be okay.

That is until Bella screams grabbing the attention of both her mother and myself.