Chapter 23: Truth

Beginne am Anfang

  "Hey what the hell! Why did you hit her, she didn't do anything!" I grabbed Lucinda and pulled her in back of me. "Ah, I apologize Joseph but I have rules here. When anyone breaks those rules, they will be punished." Chris looked at me while speaking about Lucinda, who I was protecting.

   "She doesn't deserve to be treated like that! She's an adult, what the hell!" I yelled at Chris as he held out his hand. "Lucinda come here, it's time for you to rest." Chris completely ingnored me when he spoke to her. I wasn't letting her gom

   "Don't go Lucinda, if that's how he's going to treat his children then stay here. I can help you." I said as I noticed some slashes on her shoulder that were covered my her dress. I grit my teeth and refused still.

  "What can you do, she is safe here, and Lucinda don't test me." Chris picked up a rose and handed it to her but I slapped it away.

   "What the hell is wrong with you, she's coming with me. Father or not, you shouldn't treat your grown daughter like this! Hey Lucinda come with us we can leave befor-" I was interrupted by a group of people walking up and standing behind Chris.

  "Is there a problem master?" A man asked Chris referring to me. "What the hell, what does he mean master!?" I was thinking as they surrounded us. "No not at all, just do me a favor amd get me the girl." Chris waved his hand as two men started heading towards me. I grabbed Lucinda and pushed her in the room before fighting off the men.

  "Look I don't know what's your problem but you can just hand me my daughter and we can let you continue the fight. I don't see why you would defy me y-" Chris was interrupted by one of the men falling over in back of him, Rale standing on top of him.

  "His fault, he tried to fight me." He noticed me taking on the two men and made his way through the few people, but they grabbed him and started holding him back. "Rale call the others, tell them we need to go now!" I yelled to him as I dropped another man, he knew I was serious.

  He kicked down one woman as others followed him as he ran to the others. I had to get out of here, Chris and they others blocking my way. "Lucinda, open the door!" I yelled as she walked out and grabbed her with all my strength and threw her to the ledge of the bleachers as she tried to climb up. I stopped people from getting to her as I saw Chris just stood by frowning.

  "What's wrong, giving up already?" I asked him as I walked towards him. He smiled and walked away telling the people to stop fighting, that it was pointless. I was confused, what was he planning? I ran up to him and grabbed his shoulder and punched but he dodged. It was quick but before I could even react, he jammed a elbow into my ribs making me fall back, groaning in pain.

  "Don't even try to escape the island your better off here. I'm letting you leave the house but honestly, don't bother." He walked away with the people. "Wait!" Chris turned towards me as I spat out blood. "What the hell are you people?!" He kneeled down a foot away from me and spoke.

   "Do you want to know why I like the color white?" I was confused, what the hell was he on about? "It's because I love the way blood splatters on it." My eyes widened at his words as he got up and continued to walk away.

  "Oh and one more thing! You asked who I was and what we were right? Well we are The Rosè's." With that he walked off and I got up and just let him be. I had too much on my mind to deal with him. Rale and the others caught up with me as they saw Lucinda helping me.

  "Ok what the hell is going on, why won't anyone tell me what's happening! These guys are no help, they are all silent!" Nathan yelled as I saw Vanessa flare when she saw Lucinda helping me.

   "Hey Joseph what's going on?" Chase asked me as Rale nodded. I sat down on the seat as I saw everyone walk out the door and left us seven alone.

  "We need to leave, Chris is bad news, we need to get our stuff, and we're taking Lucinda, we ne-" I was interrupted by Vanessa who was pissed now.

  "What do you mean we're taking her, what the hell! What so now she's our friend?!" She yelled at me. Was she jealous? I got up and tried to pull her towards me but Lucinda spoke.

   "Look we need to stop that man, he will kill us! I'm sorry if your mad i'm with your boyfriend but there's more important things to do here." Michelle nodded as I questioned something.

  "Hey wait a minute, he's your father, how do we know you aren't working with him still?" I asked Lucinda backing up. "He's not my father, he took care of me since I was taken from my parents. Believe me Joseph, please?" I looked at her and told evryone to follow.

  "Come on, we will keep you safe, but if I suspect anything's off, your out. You hear me? She nodded as she followed us. We were headed to the main quarters.