Chapter 2

She seems to tense as I grow closer. Her eyes close and she braces herself. Poor thing probably thinks I'm about to hurt her. I can't help the hushed coo that escapes my lips.

"It's alright, sweetheart. It's okay." Although I talk in the softest voice I can muster, the human still whimpers as my fingertips gently brush against her cheek. Slowly, I rest my entire hand on her tiny little cheek and start running my thumb up and down it.

For some reason the human looks confused as she opens her eyes again. Her turning her head to look at me causes me to smile.

"Shhhh. Good girl. See? It's not so bad, now, is it?"

I keep up my soft string of sweet nothings as I trail my hand down to grab one of hers. She fights me, but I easily pull her up. Untamed humans were always so expressive. That's why I'm getting one instead of going to a breeder.

As expected, her free arm goes to cover herself. And I let her. Humans dressed themselves in the wild to protect against numerous parasites, none of which are found here. As such, it was often up to their owner if they were given clothes.

Humans took comfort in their modesty. And I don't want my pet to fear me.

~~~~

This was hell. I can feel his eyes traveling over me, like I'm a piece of meat ready to be auctioned off. He doesn't let go of my hand once, so I'm not as covered as I'd like to be.

He's talking to the other giant. It sounds like he's asking questions. I'm turned around slowly. I don't know what he's looking for, but I'm thankful he doesn't touch me.

You take your small victories where you get them.

As I'm turned back around, I feel myself shaking. Not that I've ever really stopped. But it gets easier to tune out when you've been quaking in fear for four days.

But now it's all I can feel. And I think he can, too. He makes a noise, that same one he did before he touched my cheek, and pulls me to him.

And all this fear has left me tired. As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's taking me. As much as I want to lash out and scream....

If he does take me, I don't want him to become mean....

So I let him wrap his arms around me. I stay tensely still as he dwarfs me in a hug. I could easily bite him and try to get away, but that'd be like hitting a tiger that's curled around you.

Giant fingers card through my hair, making me suck in a breath and hold it so I don't cry. He's petting me... He's petting me like a fucking dog!

It's too much. I twist my body away, surprised when his grip lets up. But I can't get far. His arms still form a ring. All I can do is look down.

His voice rumbles, and whatever he says makes the worker sound happy.

His massive body unfolds like a building as he stands. I think, for a second, that he's leaving me alone. But he still grips my hand.

Their voices rumble overhead, but I can't understand them. My eyes drift to the woman across from me.

Her sad wave goodbye crumbles the last bit of deniability I have.

I've been bought.