5. Hospital Wing

Jamie woke up with several faces watching her with concentration

Jamie woke up with several faces watching her with concentration. Hermione, Ron, Fred, and George was there, Hovering and talking at the end of her hospital bed. They smiled as soon as they saw her regaining her Consciousness.

Her face was littered with cuts and bruises and Jamie can feel her head throbbing at the back of her head as she slowly opens her eyes, She's on the Hospital wing, it is nearing dawn and Jamie tried to get up before she felt the numbness both on her legs.

Jamie felt the panic rising on her throat, "I did not lose a pair of legs, did I?" Her voice rough as sandpaper.

"No, Jamie." Hermione reassured Jamie and a deep exhale escape out of her, "It is just the side effects of Professor Dumbledore's spell after you fell out of your broom."

Jamie noticed the storm started dissipating outside, it's been a while since she was here, meaning the quidditch match is already finished. "Who won the quidditch?"

Hermione exchanged a glanced with Ron, and Jamie didn't like it. "No one blames you, Jamie. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After he saved you, he sent them off."

She felt her heart dropped, "and the Quidditch?"

"After you fell, well, someone chased the snitch in instant," Fred answered, looking stricken.

"Cedric Diggory, Hufflepuff's seeker got it and won the game." George finished.

"And uh, Jamie.." Ron quipped behind Hermione, looking fear stricken and he revealed a broomstick torn into pieces covered by a blanket. "There's something else you should know too. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow--, and, well--,"

It is her broomstick, battered up and completely unusable in Ron's arms. Things are going downhill faster than she could take it all in. Jamie didn't say anything, she only stared in front of her and the exhaustion are melting into her. There are no words she can express to her friends.

"Excuse me," Madam Pomfrey says, distracting all of them. "But I think Potter ought to be resting, quite a fall there Harriet. Professor Dumbledore suggested for you to stay here in a week to monitor your condition and recovery, understood?"

"Yes, Madam Pomfrey." Jamie nodded, she thought of staying at the hospital wing for a week would be a good idea after the dementors. After all of the Dementors stuff, she wants to be alone for a moment. Jamie looked down numbly at her Quidditch dress, "but what about my clothes..?"

"Don't worry Jamie, I'll fetch some of your clothes from our dorm. We promise, Ron and I will visit you every day with your homework and some notes of mine." Hermione swore and Jamie smiled at her with gratefulness.

"Thank you so much, Hermione. Where would I be without you?" She sighed, Jamie will be definitely lost without a Hermione on her life, Jamie looked at Ron with a playful look, "Don't go all silent, Ron. I'm expecting something from you too."