Chapter 11: Unlinking

"So our bastard brother kept you in the bayou", Rebekah frowned as she sat on the sofa beside Hayley, seeming pissed.

Klaus and Elijah occupied the couches  placed on the both side of the table, opposite to each other. They were still bitter toward each other as they failed to make a conversation last night.

Caroline was watching them from far, on the staircase. So Far she was aware about a lot of things about them and everytime, it surprised her even more.

"That was the least possible place to guess, little sister." Klaus remarked.

"How did you find Hayley?" Rebekah shot the question.

Elijah rested his one elbow on the hand of the sofa and answered her.
"A human undaggered me, I assume Niklaus compelled him. After I fed on him, I head out of the bayou. On my way,  I heard constant rustling and footsteps. Lucky for of all us, I followed them and saw one of them knocking you out."

"It was a cheap shot. Attacking from behind." She argued.

"We are no less than that." Elijah chuckled  "Anyway, that's how I found you Hayley. Her scent and blood was rather strong." 

Rebekah cunningly looked at Klaus.
" You see, Nik. If Caroline hadn't put some brains inside your evil head, we all be screwed right now."

"Those witches were supposed to protect Hayley." Klaus snapped. "When I'll get my hands on them. I'll slaughter them all without blinking."

"Hey, stop!" It was with Sophie on the phone. She was listening to everything on the other side of the line. "You can't do that. It's just Agnes, Sabine, and few other witches."

"We had a deal!" Klaus shouted and ground his teeth. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Valentine's army and while I was busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember. She dies, I die."  Sophie justified herself.

"Care to explain why they are after Hayley," asked Elijah.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

"What kind of vision?" Klaus enquired immediately.

Sophie bit her lips before saying.
"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all the witches."

"My child is not a Lucifer!" Hayley finally spoke.

"But I grow fonder of this child, by the second". Klaus smirked. What could be possibly more good for immortals? Riddance from witches.

The conversation was short-lived when the situation at the other side of the phone changed. There were noises, unpleasant once of breaking stuff and shouting.

"Sophie, what's going on?" Rebekah asked.

The shouting continues with sophie asking someone to stop. The line on the phone died.

"What the hell happened there?" She asked her brother.

"I'm going to find Sophie." Elijah got up first. "Looks like witches are attacking her to get their hands on Hayley. Niklaus, why don't you pluck the page of unlinking spell from our mother's grimoire and convince Davina to perform the spell."

Klaus nodded and walked over a room. Caroline came running behind him.

"Need help?" She said, having grasp of the situation that took place in front of her.