"Hey Saint."

  "Hey NiNi, what are you doing?" In the background, it sounded like he was moving around.

I moved away from Jace, not wanting to risk Saint hearing his voice. Jace knew of my family, but he didn't know them personally. And that's how I wanted to keep it.

"Nothing, why are you up so late?"

"I'm playing the game with Chase." He replied in his odd proper voice.

I lifted my eyebrow. "Hm, what made you call me?"

"I had a headache and I only get them when you're stressed out."

I glanced over at Jace, who resumed watching the movie. "I'm fine, Saint."

Saint sighed. "Are you sure NiNi?"

I smiled a little at the concerned tone in his voice. "I'm sure. Tell Chase and Jamila I said hey. I will see you all Thursday."

"NiNi said hey duckhead." I heard Saint tell Chase. "See you Thursday sis."

"Love you."

"Love you too!" He exclaimed before hanging up.

I looked at the phone before sitting it on my dresser. Saint was absolutely too in sync with me. That hadn't been the first time he correctly suspected something was wrong.

Ever since our parents gave him a phone, he blew mine up.

I didn't mind, though. His voice seemed to always put me at ease.

"Saint is the youngest right?" Jace asked, causing me to look at him. I nodded. "He seems like a cool lil dude. Always checkin' up on his big sis."

"Yea." I replied dryly, which meant I wanted him to drop it.

"Aight, I'll keep it casual." Jace said, catching the hint. "I won't get personal."

I tapped my foot against the floor because it'd fell asleep. I hated that numb feeling. Then, afterwards, my feet will be cold for a few minutes. "I want some cupcakes."

"This late? Is that even in your diet?" He chuckled.

"Mind the business that pay you." I smirked.

Jace bit his bottom lip. "It will pay me cause you're gonna be my wife and I'm going to live off you." He smirked back.

"Even if that were true," I sat on the edge of my bed. "You wouldn't be living off of me."

"You don't think it's true?"

I looked back at the tv. "Thought you were going to keep it casual? Are you going to go get my cupcakes or no?" I looked back at him.

Jace looked at me, and licked his lips out of habit. He reluctantly sat up and stood from the bed. In silence, he threw on his shirt, slid on his shoes and grabbed my car keys before heading out of my room. 

"You're not even gonna ask which ones I want?" I called out.

Jace turned to look at me. He looked to be slightly irritated at the question. "Red velvet, double icing." He said as if I were that simple.

"You think you know me."

Jace shook his head. "Ion think Ni. I know." He said as he left out of the room.

Seconds later, Mariyah peeked her head through my door with an amused look on her face. "What'd you say to him?"

"Nothing. He's going to get me cupcakes." I waved her off.