XI

Hazel.
I laid down as Tony tucked me into bed. I just got into bed totally forgetting about Ava. "Oh shit." I popped out of bed searching for my phone. Tony smiled at me and handed me my phone. I dialed Ava's number and waited for her to answer which she did. He went into the bathroom and I heard the shower flick on.

"It's like." I heard her shuffling around. "It's three in the morning and you not home and by the way you in big trouble with X because he seen you leave with that dude and did you call him back?" 

"Well it's different when that dude is Tony and we ain't sleeping together we are just talking." I whispered. "Oh my god Tony? He looked good!"

"I know he did. I'm not trying to be a hoe but there's feelings still there." She gasped.

"So it's X or Tony?" I shrugged my shoulders thinking she could see me. "I'm going with Tony but he's back in Atlanta and i'm here in California."

"Man so what you gonna do?" She asked sounding interested. "I have to tell Xavier. I can't not be with Tony especially when there's so much emotion there. But i'm heading home right now. Goodnight."

I waited for Tony to get out of the shower and he came back in with basketball shorts on and no shirt. He got muscular since college. "You about to go?" He said crawling into the bed next to the one i was sitting in. I nodded. "My best friend is waiting on me... Tony can i have your number? I just really wanna keep in touch."

He nodded his head and grabbed his phone and tossed it to me. After typing in my number i got up to leave and he walked me to the door. Before opening it for me he lifted my head up. "Call me tomorrow, I'm going to be here for two weeks maybe we can hang out?" I nodded my head in approval. "I love you." He kissed my long as deeply before i pulled away and walked out the door.

He watched me walk all the way to the elevator and when I got inside he blew kisses at me until the elevator doors closed. "How cute." The hotel maintenance lady said holding her little cart. She looked about twenty eight

I slid my phone in his jacket pocket and headed towards my car just to realize i didn't drive here. I dialed Tony's number and five minutes later he came down dressed and unlocked his car.

Ava.
I unlocked the door to see Hazel standing there with this big True Religion Jacket on. "Mhm." I shook my head. "Did you get any?" She shook her head no. I pushed the door open for her to come in.

"I know you all mixed up but what are you going to do?" I asked sitting on her bed. "I already told you... i'm leaving Xavier."

"It may seen wrong cause he did give you a job and everything." She said laying down next to me. "I know but that doesn't mean I owe him anything. We can be friends.. I know it seems fake but I love Tony and I always will."

12:24 pm
Hassan Omari Vargas.
I called my daughter Hazel and waited for her to answer. "Hey daddy." She said sounding happy to hear from me.

"Baby girl did you hear about your mother? She's here in Jamaica and she's been wanting to talk to me." I said sounding confused.

"Daddy avoid her okay? You know how i told you she's been treating me bad? Well Kenneth is going to divorce her because of it so he packed up all her stuff and she's supposed to be going back home but I don't know why she's in Jamaica though."

"Well alright... Everything's okay?" I walked around my room and laid on the bed next to Ariana. "I seen Tony again... I missed him."

The rest of the time we were on the phone she explained what happened over the phone. "Is Ava around?" I asked. "Mhm, why is something going on?" Hazel said.

"Oh no, i just wanted to tell her that Idris came by... Said he was looking to spend time with her but I told him she stayed in LA but i wrote his number down so they could text."

I heard her yell Ava's name and i went to go get the paper with the number written down on it. "Hello?" she said sounding excited.

"Hey baby girl his number is 310-566-7429."

Next day 9:37pm.

Hazel.
I walked into Macdaddy's club with tights on and my sports bra and walked straight into his office. He was on the phone playing pool. He looked surprised to see me. "You finally wanna talk to me now?" He said narrowing his eyes. I nodded my head. "I'll make it quick." I smiled a little.

"Nah take your time.. Explain to me why you left with that nigga and never called me." He turned his phone away and pushed it to the side intwining his hands together. "That boy was Tony my ex.. You don't know our history nor do I care to explain it.. He was here with his friend who's getting married."

"Oh so what that gotta do with me? You want him back?" I heard the disappointment in his voice.

I nodded my head. "I really wanted to talk to you thou-". He cut me off. "Nah fuck that shit shorty.. You had me thinking you was different and shit just for you to be exactly like them hoes.. I bet you fucked that nigga Hazel."

"I never had sex with him." He leaned back and sucked his teeth. "Man stop fucking lying to me Hazel! Man fuck it why am i even trippin? You fired." He laughed then picked his phone back up.

"You gone fire me because I don't wanna date you anymore?" He nodded his head and smiled. "You played me."

I swatted my hand and just got up. I went to the makeup room and took all my makeup brushes and everything I owned and left this place. Nobody was going to make me feel bad for doing what my heart wants.

I drove back to Tony's apartment and knocked on the door even though i heard the music playing loudly. A tall black boy opened the door. "Man what you want? We ain't cutting this shit down so take your ass back to your apartment." He started to slam the door but i placed my foot in the way.

"Man what shawty?" He said flashing his golds. "I'm here to see Tony." I said folding my arms.

"Your name is?" He said raising his eyebrow then looking back at whoever was in there. "Hazel."

He slammed the door and i heard him laugh. I waited a minute before I turned and walked away and back to my car. I was about to pull out the parking lot when I seen Tony waving at me through the wind shield. He walked over and I unlocked the car door and he got in.

"My bad i was putting on clothes... Zeek was hella disrespectful Sorry." It didn't take me long to notice the kisses planted on his neck in pink lip gloss.

"What you came for?" He said breaking the silence. "Nothing I just thought I left my bracelet." I lied. "Maybe I left it at Jude's house." He sighed.

I was waiting on him to get out of my car but he just sat there looking at me. "I feel dumb." He looked at me then back at the windshield as droplets of rain poured down.

"Why you say that?" He shrugged. "I seen you looking at these marks on my neck and I feel stupid. I know that hoe in there don't care for me like you do." He laughed. "And I know you ain't come here cause you left a bracelet.. you can't strip with no accessories on."

"I came here to tell you I wanted to be with you but I don't think I wanna do it anymore. You have a life and i'm not sure if you ready to risk all this for me. I just got fired and everything."

"Fired for what?" He asked sitting up.

"The night i left with you left the guy i was talking to mad now that i told him i still wanted you he fired me."

"Man fuck that nigga." He grabbed my face and kissed me.