“I told him I was fine,” I said moving over enough for her to climb into the bunk next to me. I turned over and closed my eyes. I hadn’t slept at all last night in this small bunk, alone.

“Non, I talked to Pete. Yesterday he was really upset.” I turned over to look at her.

“Why is he upset, he was making out with his ex not me.”

“You really need to go talk to him. There may just be a perfectly good explanation.”

“Oh, what? She slipped, fell and her tongue went down his throat?” I watched as she tried not to laugh.

“It wasn’t what you thought.” she said once she got her self together. “Do you wanna end up as miserable as Travis and me?”

“No,” I said, “Who would?”

“Well than go talk to him. Communication is key in every relationship.” I looked at her then turned over

“Callie how can you tell me what to do when you can’t decide who you want, you are the last person who I should take relationship advice from.” I knew this might hurt her, but right now I just wanted her to go away, she wasn’t keeping with the best friend code. Making me feel like I was justified even if I was wrong.

“Ouch,” she said as if I’d physically hurt her. “That hurt,” I could tell by her voice that she was being sarcastic. “Your wrong though cause I can spot where there’s trouble in a relationship and I can also see how to fix them. It’s just that it only works on other’s relationships not my own.” closed my eyes this time I was going to sleep. “Nonnie you can’t avoid him the whole rest of the tour.” She was right. There were only four buses and I had to be on one of them.

“Why don’t you just tell me what he’s going to say? You obviously know already, or you wouldn’t be sending me over there.”

“It has to come from him.”

“Callie just tell me, god it’s not that hard to see that right now I’m miserable.”

“No. Stop being so stubborn all the time,”

“I’m not being stubborn, you are.” I shouted.

“No I’m doing the right thing just go talk to him.” She shouted back.

“Move,” she got down out of the bunk, I followed.

“Where are you going?”

“To talk to “Him”” I said. She just smiled

“Good.” I rolled my eyes this is the way we worked if I wanted her to do something I would have been just as annoying as she just was.

I made my way off the GCH bus, all the guys just looked at me not saying a word, I’m sure they heard a lot of what was said and just didn’t want to feel my wrath. I started across the parking lot we were clearly in a new city, and it was pretty early cause it was cool and misty out side. I climbed onto the FOB bus, Patrick sat in the common area playing a tune on a little portable keyboard, he said sometimes it helps him think. He stopped when he saw me. “He’s in the back, I don’t think he slept at all last night, what happened?”

“Don’t worry about it I’ll tell you later okay.” He just nodded and I headed for our room, Pete’s room. When I opened the door he was lying on the bed with his eyes closed wearing just a pair of pajama pants. Hemmy was lying on his chest. I sat on the bed and Hemmy crawled over to me, and started licking my face. I scratched him behind his ear.

“Non, it wasn’t what you thought.” He said, I wouldn’t look at him. “Non look at me,” I felt tears coming to my eyes.

“No, not now in front of him.” I thought as I blinked back tears. He moved so that he was sitting on his knees beside me. I let my hair fall like a curtain between the two of us.