Chapter 7

School had finished long ago and Frank was nervously procrastinating on his walk to Gerard's house. A million different thoughts ran through his head. How should he ask him out? Should he ask him out at all?

Before he knew it he was stood in front of the door. He took a deep breath before tapping the door with his knuckles, clasping his hands in front of him as he waited for it to be opened.

Mikey opened the door not too long after, with a hoodie lazily slouched over his torso and jeans hanging from his hips. He sent a questioning glance at Frank, smiling nevertheless; Frank was at a loss for words, what was he supposed to say?

"Hey, Frankie." Mikey said, still curious but it wasn't that strange of an occurrence.

"Um, hey, Mikes." He replied sheepishly. "I-I'm here to see your brother."

"Oh, okay," Mikey opened the door a little wider and stepped aside. "He expecting you?"

"No, sorry." His cheeks flushed slightly as the nerves started to settle in, he pulled the sleeves of his jumper over his hands and shuffled his feet in anticipation.

"No worries, dude." He smiled, pointing lazily to the basement door. "He's in there."

Mikey walked back upstairs, leaving Frank alone with his anxiety. He stepped cautiously over to the door, knocking gently.

"Who is it?" Called a voice from inside, Gerard. He sounded vulnerable, tentative, it was strange for Frank to hear that side of him.

"Uh, F-Frankie."

Shuffling could be heard, followed by the clicking of locks being turned. The door opened and Gerard stood, looking surprised at Frank, hair greasy and jeans tattered.

"Well, well, well," he started. "What brings you here, baby?"

"W-wanted to talk to you 'bout somethin'" Frank stuttered nervously.

"Come in, sweetheart." Gerard descended down the stairs with Frank in tow, closing the door behind him. "What's wrong?"

"D-do you wanna-um." The anxiety had built up inside him and tears welled in his eyes for reasons he wasn't too sure of. "Do y-you wanna go out with.. with m-me?"

A smile cracked Gerard's cheeks, his eyes were shining as he let out a short laugh.

"Sugar," he laughed, sinking Frank's stomach to the floor. "I'd love to."

"Really?" He asked, excitement bubbling up as he bounced on the balls of his feet.

"Fuck, come here, I've wanted to do this for so long." Gerard took a step forward and pulled Frank's small frame into his own. He gripped his small hip with his hand and smiled down at him before leaning down, gently kissing Frank's lips.

Frank was giddy and could barely keep himself up, but what he didn't know was that Gerard was in nirvana. He also didn't spot the pictures and sketches of himself scattered on the walls and hastily scrambled on the desktop.

~

Sorry it's short, more tomorrow xø