Dante

Dante didn't know what he was. In technical terms, he was the owner of the mansion where the damned where led to. Damned is a strong word but it described those people perfectly. He was so used to waking up every morning and seeing the sun rise, or have already risen through the window next to his bed. He wasn't surprised when people started trickling in, fixing themselves, and leaving. He didn't want to tell everyone the truth. Some found out. Some stayed oblivious. They didn't know why they were there. Unless Dante told them and he wasn't up for that. He used to, and they would scream and shout, protest and break things. Too much of a hassle so he just stopped.

He felt something move beside him and he didn't even need to move to see who it was, he already knew. The last person to make it to this place. His beloved brother? Dante called him a brother but he had someone who didn't think the same.  See, when Dante was placed down on this damned planet from above, the higher ups knew he was too kind and forgiving, so they gave him a friend. Dylan was a split personality in some ways. It would be suspicious if it were two people who lived alone so the higher's took their souls and combined them into one body. Dylan was a guardian angel, so he was more rough than Dante. The other was an angel of light, not suited for battle.

He focused his attention back to the boy nuzzled into his chest. Carter was a small little boy that both Dante and Dylan pitied so he was forcefully led to this place. They had seen what had happened. His father had killed his mother and tried with him. Well he didn't try actually, he already did. That was the twist. Everyone that came here was dead. Levi never woke up after dying in the hospital. He thought he did. But he didn't. Lillian died from malnutrition and insomnia, the girl never slept back when she was alive. After her parents kicked her out she never found a place to stay as trouble always followed. She died sitting on a park bench with snow falling around her. As said before, Carter died when his father finished off with his mother. Now here's the really messed up part. The kid that Jayden had chased because of his ethereal beauty? Was Alex. Which was now his significant other. He had killed the boy and the boy's father had shot him with his dying breath. Their spirits ran to the mansion. Dante never had the heart to tell any of them. And it would stay like that.