Hεяσ Aт Hεαят • 【Kassim】

Head securely veiled in a white cloth, Kassim was leisurely walking through the richer and fancier quarter of Balbadd, in search of his new target. His golden eyes roamed about the area, his eyebrows furrowing slightly at the sight of the obese men that were talking animatedly a few yards away. The precious-looking rings they were wearing around their fat fingers gleamed whenever sunlight touched their surfaces.

Kassim huffed inwardly and turned his head away. He loathed the rich. He loathed them with a burning passion. Their selfishness and the condescending looks they constantly gave the people of the lower class made him sick. Just slave owners who treated others like trash were worse.

The brown-haired male relaxed his right hand; in all his thoughts he hasn't realized that he had subconsciously clenched it into a fist. At the moment he couldn't do much anyway.

As the golden-eyed youth rounded the corner of a house, he stopped dead in his tracks at the sight before him. It was the stately manor of one of the king's advisors. The imposing building towered over all the other mansions in this area and its elaborate exterior finish emanated a high status.

Kassim smirked slightly as his yellow orbs set on the sprawling edifice - this one looked quite promising. A new target was found for the Fog Troupe.

Just as he turned around to return to the Fog Troupe's hideout, the dark-haired male felt something bump into his chest. His surprised eyes trailed downwards to see a girl around his age sitting on the stony ground, holding her forehead. Her dress was ragged, torn at the seam and had some dirty stains here and there. Her exposed arms and left cheek were covered in gashes - Kassim could instantly tell that these wounds were inflicted on her with a whip - and a big basket filled with oranges was lying next to her.

"Ow..." the female murmured until realization struck her. Quickly, she tucked her legs beneath her in a kneeling position and bowed low. "I very much apologize for bumping into you, sir. I wasn't looking where I was going." the girl spoke in a meek voice as she started to gather up the astray oranges lying on the ground.

Kassim remained silent as he watched the [hair color]-haired girl for a short moment before he got down on one knee and collected the residual fruits. She was quite obviously startled by his action as she gave him a rather wide-eyed look.

"It is alright." the brunette said as he put the oranges back in the basket. Both teenagers got up and the [eye color]-eyed female bowed lightly, a tinge of red dusting her cheeks. "Thank you very much for helping me." she whispered and hurriedly brushed past him. And just as she did so, Kassim clearly heard the jingling at her feet.

His golden orbs flickered towards the source of the sound and his eyes widened at what he saw.

Chains.

That girl was a slave! No wonder her body was this weak and wounded.

Much to his surprise, the dark-haired youth noticed the frail female rushing towards the manor he had been inspecting a few minutes ago. So apparently she was owned by that greedy advisor, huh?

It simply couldn't be more convenient.

*~*~*

With the pale, white moon at its peak and the dense fog as their trusted companion, the Fog Troupe was once again advancing towards their destination. Kassim walked at the head of the posse, but his mind seemed to constantly drift off to that girl he met this morning. It was a pity he didn't ask her name because that would've made his search a lot easier.

"Kassim! You're spacing out again, keep your mind focused! It's a big thing we're going to pull here." Hassan admonished his friend when he noticed the distant look in his eyes.