Chapter Four: Brakes

Start from the beginning

"No it's to dangerous I'm taking you home" I told her and she stood at her door with her arms crossed.

"What do you mean its to dangerous? what was he talking about anyways? what are you going to do?" she asked and I blew my breath.

"Race" I told her and she got into the car and I drove off back home.

"Race? that's it? that doesn't sound bad at all" she said and I looked at her.

"Street racing your from the city you probably have never even heard of one its very dangerous! people get hurt... people die street racing and its against the law here for very good reasons but I still do it because if you win you win a lot of money and I need it" I told her parking and getting out and I quickly ran over to the covered car in my garage and pulled the tarp off. My racing car was a classic red with white stripes mustang.

"So this is what you meant by other festivities? you street race? if its so dangerous and illegal why do you do it? the money cant be the only reason" Madison said getting into the car as I did and I looked at her.

"Quit it with the questions alright! I can see I'm obviously not getting you to stay home so all i ask is you stop asking questions that I cant give you answers to!" i yelled and she looked at me shocked. I drove of fast and she put her seat belt on.

"No because you wont tell me but I get it Ive only known you two days I have no right to pry" she said not saying another word until we arrived at the race. As I pulled up there was already a good hundred people there and I didn't trust any of them. I pulled up to the start line and got of the car and Riley smiled and cracked his neck.

"Look who decided to show up! I hope your ready to get your ass beat Fitz! You aint as good as your brother!" he said and I handed the money holder my half.

"Yeah well your right I'm not as good as him but look where it got him" I said getting back in the car and the money holder came to my window and looked at Madison.

"You know racing with someone in your car is unsafe its not just your life your fucking with its now hers too" he said and I didn't look at him just at her, right in her eyes.

"Yeah I know but I wont let anything happen to her and I guarantee I'll win so start the damn race now" I said still looking at her and I heard him muttered whatever and walk away.

"You trust me?" I asked her and she gave a scared and nervous laugh.

"uh do I have any other choice at the moment?" she asked and I kept my eyes on the road as I pressed on the gas and let the engine roar.

"Nope" I told her as the flag went down and the race started. I pressed the gas peddle to the floor and you could hear the tires burn and create smoke as the car took off. Riley and I drove neck in neck but I grew faster as time went on. He was drunk  and starting to swerve and I knew this wouldn't end well so as the finish line came in sight I slowed down and as soon as we were about to cross it Riley's car turned and hit the tail of mine spinning both our cars out of control only flipping his. When i came to I looked over at Madison who was holding on to my hand and she smiled faintly. She had one small scratch on her forehead and we could hear the police syrians already and she looked at me.

"We have to go!' she said and I looked out my car and at Riley's but I couldn't see anything because so many people were around it.

"Dallas go! Drive now! we've gotta get you to a hospital your face and arm" she said and I pulled off as fast as I could.

"I'm fine" I told her and she smacked the back of my head.

"No your not and I'm not going to let you talk me out of not letting you go so drive to the hospital" she said and I didn't.