Part 8- Hopelessly In Love

Joey's cell phone began to vibrate repeatedly in his pocket while helping a customer find the perfect trap card for their plant deck, "Dat must be Kaiba. I gotta answer it." He thought to himself, trying to remain calm. He ignored his phone and soon enough it stopped vibrating, but immediately started to vibrate again. Seto continued to call him until, finally, he caved and answered the phone outside, "Kaiba, why are ya callin' every five seconds? I'm workin'!" Calmly, Seto told Joey to visit Kaiba Corp. later that day; he had something special planned for the two of them. Yugi noticed Joey walked into the store and cocked his head with confusion, "Hey, is everything okay with you? You haven't been home lately and...well, you've been acting sort of strange lately." Joey felt remorse for being so absent from his best friends, barely ever dueling them like he used to. "Awe man, I'm sorry Yug. You remember dat letter Kaiba wrote me? Well, turns out he thinks I'm a good duelist. Not only dat, but it seems he's starin' to respect me as a duelist. He's a pretty cool guy under all the mean looks and insults."

"Wait a minute, so you've been seeing Kaiba this whole time? W-was he the one you were on the phone with just now?"

"Eh, yeah. Please Yug, ya can't tell anybody about dis, especially Tea. Ya know how nosy she gets. Please. I'm beggin' ya." Joey was on his knees begging in front of the customers who happened to be watching, "Fine, I won't tell. Please get up, people are staring." Yugi said while blushing.

"Joey --friends with

"Joey --friends with...Kaiba? Am I imagining this?" Yugi thought to himself.

Twice Yugi tapped himself on his cheek, seeing if he'd wake up from a strange dream. He watched as Joey acted goofy with a customer and wondered how someone like him could possibly be friends with someone as dull as Seto. Do they even have anything in common?

The anticipation regarding Seto's plans for that evening plus the fear that one of his friends would somehow find out distracted Joey and affected his work. One customer asked for a serpent card but instead, Joey came back with a shark. Another customer asked for the box of spells and he set out the traps instead. His priorities, which used to be work and his friends, had changed, and now his whole world revolved around one man. 

After the long, grueling day at work, Joey walked to Kaiba Corp. and did the usual routine consisting of showing up at the entrance, being let in followed by Seto telling him where to go from the overhead speakers. This time, Joey was asked to visit floor 23--the virtual reality room. What could be awaiting Joey this time? As he stepped into the room from the elevator, he was welcomed by sand and a bright, full moon illuminating the nighttime sky. He looked to his right, noticing Seto standing there about twenty-five feet away, "Kaiba." Joey said under his breath. "Wheeler, come here." 

 "Why are we on da beach, Kaiba?"

"You ask too many questions. Walk with me."

Seto grabbed Joey's hand and led him across the edge of the waterline, "Look up." Seto demanded. Two dragons danced around one another high up into the night sky, their figures illuminated so beautifully by the moonlight. The Red-Eyes Black Dragon soared the sky along with The Blue-Eyes White Dragon as Joey and Seto watched contently, "Dat's the coolest thing ever, man!" Exclaimed Joey.