Beautiful Goodbyes

Flickering lights of fireflies weaved themselves through the crowd of partygoers, as if the lanterns that hung above had shrunken and decided to dance as well in hopes of matching the joy and happiness that filled the party.

Everyone clapped their hands to the beat of the traditional Nymph music. Hearts all pumping to the brilliant light sound.

Every twirl and leap perfectly in sync with the music. Shouts of joy and laughter flooded the lands for miles, stretching out to all the realms near and far.
Letting the whole world know, a birth of power has been discovered this night.

What a day to celebrate, for a Nymph has been united with their keeper.

Such a magnificent pair to behold, the moonlight the heavens spotlight on them. Stardust fairies twinkling around them soaking in the moon's glow.

My eyes were round in amazement staring up at my sister, who stood beside a strong woman with a sword made of water now that my sister's magic had touch the blade.
The powers of a Nymph.
Enchanting the weapons of the master.
Giving them strength like no other.

My sister, Gloria, a hydriad Nymph, strawberry blonde hair woven into a beautiful long braid, with a Snow White flower crown that rested upon her head, had eyes that glowed a bright brilliant gold of triumph and strength as she beamed up at her partner who was a few inches taller.

Her keeper, a lady with large muscles and hair combed back into a ponytail, wore dark clothing, that's majority was metal with fascinating designs carved into them and the shoulders were covered with a sandy colored animal fur.

The human fashion was such a drastic difference compared to the frilly, sparkling nymph clothes. The lady's fashion was much more..... frightening. Her life must've been so different compared to Gloria's.

Nothing could possibly take down this Warrior. The first human I had ever seen. They sure were strange creatures. Their skin had no shimmer and their ears were rounded instead of pointed.
When the human spoke it was so much louder and richer sounding than ours.

Gloria, catching my eye, knelt down and I hurried to the edge of the stage to talk to her.
I wanted to enjoy every second with her, for tonight might possibly be the last time I'll ever see her considering where her new life takes her.

Gloria's skin sparkled like freshly fallen snow in the moonlight. She was like an angel, such pure kindness penetrating off of her.

That's who I wanted to be. I would be just like my sister. I would make her proud in everything I do.

"Are you having fun?" She asked with a smile tilting her head to the side in a simple nurturing act.
She had such a warm motherly aurora, she was the definition of grace.

I nodded happily, "I want to be just like you when I grow up!"

She laughed softly, eyes beginning to gleam, but now it looked to be tears of admiration and sadness, "I know you'll be the rose in every crowd."

She use to call me a rose saying it meant to be strong and like the thorns, so I knew how to protect myself, and beautiful like the silky petals. Best part of all everyone only saw beauty, they never expected the sting.
She Stood up again and turned to her keeper, who shall forever protect Gloria and in return Gloria will grant her wondrous powers.

The keeper turned to my sister and nodded.

It was time for them to go and begin a journey of fight evil and darkness.

My eyes had begun to water, was that our goodbye? Such a lovely night to end with such a heartbreak?

The keeper grabbed my sister's hand and raised it high in the air, a mighty cheer erupting from the human girl that echoed throughout the crowd as everyone cheered back.

Then the pair turned around and walked down the steps off the stage and onto the path that begins their journey joined as one. A powerful statement just in watching to people walk away. For with their backs facing us we still knew they were respecting the nymphs and humans who were not even at the celebration.

The noise of the party had become silent till crickets were heard chirping as if they didn't understand the music had stopped.

Everyone extended their fists in the traditional Nymph goodbye, the fist clenched together representing the family that's close together as one.
And as we released our fists into a spread out hand and letting it rest over my heart I cried harder, the opening of the hand meaning that we let one go and leave and bringing the hand to the heart means we shall never forget them and they shall always be a part of us.

Gloria never glanced behind her, she was too sure of herself and would never look at her past. She always remained focused on the future ahead of her.

Smiling through my tears I promised myself that night that I would make her proud. One days I would be strong, beautiful, and perfect just like Gloria.
I would keep her words true till the very end and be the rose in every crowd and grow beautiful and strong just like her.

Just like her I would find a keeper noble, strong, and smart just like hers!

"One day you'll be walking that path." The purest voice of all spoke to me, the beautiful sound that rings in your ear like little bells jingling.

I turned around to see Queen Moona.
The ruler of all nymphs.

With a smile while wiping away the remains of my tears I whispered, "You think so?"

"There's great power in you, Faya." She said in a reassuring tone, "Possibly stronger than anyone here."

Eyes fluttering in surprise, I gasped. "Really?!"
The queen, the most noble soul of all, said I, a young little Nymph, could possibly be the strongest of us all.

She nodded with a sigh, "Indeed. It causes me to fear your future." Her eyes bored into the darkness watching the small figures of Gloria and her keeper becoming lost shadows in the night.

Her eyes had begun to sparkle like crystals in the light, it took me a moment to realize it was tears. Another of her kin leaving the nest. How painful it must be to watch them all leave after giving them all you have.

I clasped my hands together, smiling up at her trying to contain my happiness and remain mature in her presence, "No need to worry, Queen Moona! I'll make you all proud!"

Even though I was small I would still work my hardest everyday to become the rose, dazzling everyone with my dangerous beauty.

--------------------
Hi! So I have no idea if anyone is going to actually read this, but here is a chapter. Tell me what you think...... if anyone reads this. Love you all! Keep shining! I didn't check for typos or anything so have fun with that. Sorry!