Lindsey shook her head, "But it was looking right at me." they turned to look at her,

"So? It's just a sort of metal eye thing. It's looking all around." He told her, "why are you even talking, you're just his pet." Rose glared at him, noticing the saddened look on her face, she took the girl's hand from his and pulled her along with her. 

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

"Perhaps it's time for a new strategy. Maybe we should consider abandoning this place." Van Statten muttered, hinting at the fact that they should leave.

"Except there's no power to the helipad, sir. We can't get out." Goddard reminded him angrily.

"You said we could seal the vault." the Doctor said.

"It was designed to be a bunker in the event of nuclear war." Van Statten said, "Steel bulkheads."

"There's not enough power, those bulkheads are massive." Goddard pointed out.

"We've got emergency power. We can re-route that to the bulkhead doors." the Doctor said.

"We'd have to bypass the security codes. That would take a computer genius."

"Good thing you've got me, then." Van Statten replied, 

The Doctor looked at him thoroughly surprised, "You want to help?"

"I don't want to die, Doctor. Simple as that. And nobody knows this software better than me." A screen on the wall suddenly flashed on revealing the Dalek in the middle of the loading bay, around him were the bodies of the soldiers.

"Sir," Goddard called, noticing first, gaining the attention of both Van Statten and the Doctor as they turned to the screen.

"I shall speak only to the Doctor," it stated.

"You're going to get rusty." the Doctor commented

"I fed off the DNA of Rose Tyler. Extrapolating the biomass of a time traveller regenerated me." the Dalek explained.

"What's your next trick?" the Doctor asked.

"I have been searching for the Daleks."

"Yeah, I saw." the Doctor replied, rolling his eyes, "downloading the internet. What did you find?"

"I scanned your satellites and radio telescopes."

"And?" the Doctor asked,

"Nothing", it stated "Where shall I get my orders now?" it asked, sounding almost scared.

"You're just a soldier without commands." the Doctor taunted.

"Then I shall follow the Primary Order, the Dalek instinct to destroy, to conquer.

"What for? What's the point?" the Doctor asked, silence from the Dalek, 'Don't you see it's all gone? Everything you were, everything you stood for."

"Then what should I do?"

"All right, then" he nodded, slowly "If you want orders, follow this one. Kill yourself."

"The Daleks must survive!"

"The Daleks have failed! Why don't you finish the job and make the Daleks extinct? Rid the universe of your filth. Why don't you just die?" the Doctor shouted, in passionate hatred towards the Dalek.

"You would make a good Dalek." the Dalek stated as the screen went black. The Doctor stared at the screen.

"Seal the vault," he ordered, he suddenly felt a ping of pain in his hearts, as he said those words knowing that she was still down there.