𝗶𝗶𝗶. chapter three.

Start from the beginning

Briar nodded absently, as the clock chimed, indicating that it was 7 o'clock. The first-years glanced at the two prefects eagerly, hoping to be dismissed.

"All right, you lot can leave," The platinum blonde told them, and they all quickly scrambled to their feet. "I hope you've learned your lesson!"

The first years left the room quickly, and the girls gathered their things and followed them out. "Are you going to dinner, Briar?" Lily asked.

Briar smiled through her lie. "Um... no. I think I'll stop by my dorm, first."

Lily waved. "All right. I'll see you around."

The two girls parted ways, Briar feeling somewhat guilty, she had intended to go straight to dinner but she couldn't turn up at the Great Hall with Lily. Lucius, or some of the other Slytherins might notice and she didn't want to cause unnecessary problems. If any of her housemates saw her talking to a Muggle-born, the news would reach her parents, and they'd be disappointed. Despite knowing it wasn't the right thing to do, it was the easiest and better for everyone in the long run (plus Briar wasn't sure that she could consider Lily a friend that was worth all that trouble in the first place).

              Taking the longer route to the Great Hall, she stopped when she heard someone calling her name. Turning around, she came face to face with a tall, handsome curly-haired boy who was trying to catch up with her.

         "Briar! There you are! Got a minute?"

              Briar froze, horrified. There, standing right in front of her, was Evan Rosier, he was dressed in Slytherin Quidditch robes and looked a little messy, having just returned from practice. He smiled widely at her.

            "Erm, of course, Evan. Did you need something?" she managed to say composedly. Evan nodded, running his hands nervously through his strawberry blond hair.

            "Yes, well, erm... there's this Hogsmeade trip this weekend... if you don't already have plans, I was wondering whether you'd like to go together? I thought it might be fun, yeah?" Evan replied, confirming Briar's fears. She took a deep breath do it for your parents she told herself before smiling up at him, nodding.

            "That sounds nice. I'd love to,"

☁️🥀✨

           "Would you bloody hurry up?" Sirius demanded, as James continued to ruffle his hair in the mirror. He slicked it back one last time, before turning to face his friends.

        "All right, I'm done. Let's go."

           The four friends quickly rushed out of the Gryffindor common room, and began their walk to Hogsmeade. It had been a long and tiring week at school, and they were ready for a break. Happily slipping into the warm Three Broomsticks, they ordered Butterbeer and found themselves a table.

            "Look who else is here," Peter muttered, glancing at the other end of the room. "Slytherins."

         Sirius turned around, looking at the table that Peter was glaring at. To his surprise, Briar D'Alessio was seated there, with Evan Rosier that he recognized from the Slytherin Quidditch team. The boy was describing something animatedly, while Briar listened quietly, smiling.

         "Hm. Never seen D'Alessio with a boy before. Always thought she was a bit of a prude," James commented harshly. "Though I suppose she's perfect for Rosier, bloke's got his head stuck up his arse."