One

I pulled the sleeves to my cardigan down further so the sleeves covered my hands. I looked down at the pavement as I walked, knowing that it was a stupid time to be awake let alone walking the streets. It was only slightly chilly tonight, so I had only stuck with a cardigan to wear over the top of leggings and a t-shirt.

I liked this time though, I was always out at 3 am. It was quiet and there weren't any cars on the road. Young drivers with manic road rage, older drivers with manic road rage, all asleep at home in their beds. I liked the quiet, I liked to think. The only time I could think was when it was quiet, the still quiet of the early hours.

I was the only person on the streets, it was like I was the only person in the world. I liked it, it was like there was no conflict, no drama and being the only person meant there was no death. There was only one place I went at this time, and that place was the cemetery. I'd go there because it was the only place I could talk to her again. My twin sister had died two months ago, she had been battling severe depression for half a year, fed up with it she finally took her own life.

I wiped my eyes, remembering it was hard. It had taken a tole on all of us, but none had taken it has bad as my mom. For these past two months I have been alone for all but two weeks. My mom has been hospitalized, and my dad spends most of his time there, at work or at the bar getting blind drunk. If he does come home he doesn't remember it when he wakes.

My older brother went to a college up in San Francisco back in January, around the time Cory got diagnosed with depression. He came down for her funeral, but that was the last time we saw him. So I'm basically living alone, no-one to stop me going out at this time. I hated that house, it was too big to be on your own in it. If I didn't get out of it, for reasons other than school I would go mad.

I was just turning down my street now, my huge house was at the end. The houses started off relatively small from this end, and got bigger and bigger the further you went. Patches of the path were illuminated by the street lights above, in an orange glow. Still looking down at the ground, I didn't see the person coming towards me and I crashed into him.

I nearly lost my balance and fell backwards, but the stranger grabbed the tops of my arms and stopped me from doing so. Once I had regained my balance I brushed the persons hands off me and pulled my cardigan around me tighter.

"Watch where you're going" He chuckled lightly

I furrowed my brow "Watch where you're going!"

He held his hands in surrender "Woah, alright...What are you doing out here anyway? It's 3 am"

"I could ask you the same thing" I looked up at him for the first time.

He was taller than me, with curly brown hair. He was wearing a white T-Shirt with dark jeans and red nike high tops on. He had tattoo sleeves up both arms and I could see the faded ink through his top across his chest. He smiled at me and held his hand out "I'm Nathan by the way"

I looked at his hand before fitting mine in it "Dylan"

"Dylan? But that's a--"

"Say it, and I swear to go I will castrate you with my teeth" I cut him off

He stared at me and burst out laughing "Are you always so forward?"

I gave him a small smile "No, but I'm fed up of everyone saying I have a boys name"

He nodded "It suits you though"

I smiled once more and we both stood awkwardly, I bit my lip and looked down my road "I should probably go now"

He nodded and looked behind me "Yeah, I should probably too"

I smiled "Are you always out at three in the morning?"

"More or less" He shrugged "Are you?"

I shrugged, a small smile on my face "More or less"

He chuckled "I guess, I'll see you same time tomorrow then?"

"Maybe"

He laughed and we walked past eachother, said goodbye and began our walk once more. I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

03:00

I stopped walking and turned round, I could see Nathan still walking away. "Hey, Nathan!"

He turned round and looked at me "What?"

"You lied to me" I laughed

He looked confused "How?"

"Ten minutes ago, you told me it was 3 am...You lied to me, becuase it's 3 am now" I laughed

He chuckled "See you tomorrow, Dylan"

I smiled "Bye...Nathan" I whispered his name as I watched him walk off.

I smiled to myself and walked back to my house, I pulled my keys out and put them in the lock. Openeing the door and stepping into my huge house. I looked to my left and saw dad's studdy in another room. I looked to right and saw the living room door. Next to the living room door is the big wodden stairs leading up the stairs. Down the side of the stairs is a small hallway leading into the kitchen.

I locked the door behind me and travlelled up the stairs and turned right and staight down for my bedroom. I walked through the door, the wood floor and the double bed in the middle. Behind my bed I had stuck pictures of me and the people in my life. It has always been like that, I have added to it ever since I was little. I used to called it my memory wall, but now that it has Cory on it, it's my wall of Imortality.

My thoughts are, that as long as I have her there in pictures, she has never really left. Just like the pictures of my grandad up there. I smiled as I took my jacked off and chucked it on the white couch that I have on the far wall.

I pulled my top off and reached round to unclip my bra. I picked up my vest top and slipped it on, pulling my leggings down and slipping on a pair of cotton shorts. I slipped into my sheets and laid on my back staring up at the ceiling. My mind was drowning in the thoughts of the stranger I met this night. He seemed the innocent type -And he might be- but, as with everyone, there is always more that meets the eye.

I was intrigued by this new idea, I wanted to know more. I knew he smoked by the cigarette packet half concealed in his back pocket, the smell that lingered behind his cologne. I could tell he was busy with his hands by the rough callous' that were there. But I could also tell that he was tired, not just physically but mentally, the way his eyes were set showed me this.

I was snapped from my thoughts by the sound of the front door slamming shut. I could hear the drunk stumbling around downstairs.

"Dylan?" His slurred voice called

I rolled over in my bed and pulled the comforter up to my face, I closed my eyes and listened to the drunk crash his way up the started up the stairs. I clutched onto the sheets and flinched as my door crashed open "Dylan, my sweet little girl"

I carried on with my act of being asleep, he walked over to the side of my bed, the pungent smell of stale alcohol reached me, I had to fight the urge to gag. He ran his hand over my hair and I heard him sigh deep "My sweet Dylan, I'm sorry I'm such a shitty dad to you"

He sighed again and stumbled his way out of my room, banging the door behind him. I looked over and sighed myself, laying my head back on the pillow I closed my eyes. I tried to loose myself to sleep but only found my thoughts intoxicated with the stranger I met once again. I couldn't help but hope to see him again tomorrow, to acquaint ourselves further...

-

Yes it's short, chapters will get longer...Bye