Chapter 29 ~ Violet

Start from the beginning

"Samuel-"

"Yo what's with calling me Samuel anyway?" At this question, DIlan raises an eyebrow and just stares at Samuel in silence, wondering whether or not Samuel has gone insane.

"Last time I checked that is your name, isn't it?" Samuel shakes his head and looks up at the roof of the caf, his facial expression saying 'What am I going to do with these people'.

"Yes Dil but where exist a name there exists a nickname." At these words Dilan quickly shakes his head in denial while a small smile finds its way onto his face.

"I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but I think it would be best if we don't go down this road again." Now it's Samuel's turn to raise an eyebrow in question and I can't help but laugh as I remember the last time we had this conversation. Cassy had come up to us and decided to give us all nicknames, but Samuel and Dilan both disagreed with her nickname choice. She refused to back down, saying her names were final, and the conversation ended with Samuel promising that he would come up for an embarrassing nickname for her in return. However, the conversation never came up again, so either Samuel gave up - which is not likely - or he forgot , which seems more logical given his reaction just now.

I turn my body to face Samuel with a teasing smile on my face as I elbow him lightly in the ribs. "Don't tell me you forgot, Mule. It's the reason why Cassy and I call you Mule!"

At the mention of Cassy I can see his features light up like a light bulb has gone of in his head and realization dawns his face as he remembers. "Oh yeah! That was when she gave us our ridiculous nicknames! I still haven't responded by giving her one of her own yet!"

A smug smile finds its way onto my face as I nudge him in the side again, pretending to be hurt by his words. "Hey! Those nicknames were awesome!"

He rolls his eyes and pretends that the nicknames are a virus as he cringes at the memory of them. "Maybe for you Vile, but not for Dil and I."

Dilan nods his head in agreement with a look of distaste on his face as he also thinks back to that conversation. "Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Samuel here." What happens next has me throwing back my head in laughter as Samuel actually cringes when Dilan uses his full name.

"Dude stop using my full name! It's weird!" This remark only causes me to laugh even harder and I grasp onto my stomach as I double over in laughter. Samuel shoots me a glare, but that only makes it worse as I laugh even harder, losing the ability to breath.

"Stop laughing! This is a serious matter!" After this Dilan joins me as he also doubles over in laughter and Samuel looks from one of us to the other with a glare on his face, but I can see the hint of a smile trying to break through onto his face.

"Okay, guess I have no choice. You guys brought this onto yourselves!" That's when he stands up and proceeds to grab our bowls of cereal then stands behind us with one bowl in each of his hands that are raised above our heads. Dilan and I quickly jump off the bench holding up our hands in surrender, but we are unable to stop laughing.

"We surrender!" We say in between our laughter and although he tries to keep up his angry facade I can see the twitching of his jaw that shows that there is a smile that he is barely able to keep back. As he steps towards us, we try to run away and he starts chasing us around the caf with the bowls of cereal still in his hands.

"Get back here!" Still laughing, Dilan and I run outside of the caf where we decide to split up to try and lose him, but as I look back I can see that the smile he was trying so hard to hide has broken free.

Running at full speed I try to head to the gym, but at the sound of running footsteps I look back to see that Samuel has chosen to follow me instead of Dilan. Of course he would chose to follow me. His life's duty seems to be to annoy me after all.