Chapter 42: No Happy Endings

Jennie was about to enter the car when her leg suddenly went limp, lucky her she was able to grab on the door and Jisoo almost ripped her seatbelt because of it. "My goodness! Jennie, are you really okay? you look so pale" she was worried that maybe she forced Jennie's body too much that she exerted so much energy and they slept so late and had to wake up so early.

Jennie sat on the passenger seat and shook her head, her vision started to go blurry. "wooh! I'm getting dizzy" Jennie says chuckling but she wasn't feeling really well.

did I get her pregnant? Jisoo thought and bit her lip. it was a joke, she knew she can never get Jennie pregnant.

"Just tell me when you don't feel good okay Baby?" she holds Jennie's hand.

"Yeah.." she answered simply.

On the way, Jennie fell asleep and Jisoo had to stop at a Gas Station to refill and went to the store to buy Jennie water and bread.

once she got back Jennie sat there with tired eyes, bags under her eyes, while looking out the window. "Jen, please tell me what's wrong?" she rubs her arm.

Jennie faced her and try a small smile "I'm just tired is all.. plus, we have a meeting to attend to today I believe?"

"Yeah but we can cancel that if you're not feeling well.." Jisoo sighs. "I'm sorry for tiring you out last night, I should've been-" she was cut off my Jennie's index finger.

"last night was the most fun I've ever had for the past 14 years Kim Jisoo" she smiled so softly, Jisoo thought her heart was going to melt.

"I'm still sorry.. I will cancel all the schedules today and let's go to a spa, you deserve to get a message Baby" she starts the engine.

"Secretaries don't cancel their meetings without my consent, are you planning on replacing me?" she joked.

"of course not!" Jisoo laughs, but her laugh quickly faded when she sees Jennie dozing off and her skin looked so pale.

Jisoo leans in and pecked her forehead and tucked in her seatbelt. Jennie then dozed off. Jisoo could only think about why Jennie suddenly got sick, she was thinking that maybe because of last night, they slept around 4 am and woke up around 6,since they need to attend the meeting at 10 o'clock.

•••

When they got home, Taehyung was there and so was Jungkook having conversation in the living room with Jieun, who's too busy with them.

"so.. who will carry the baby?"

"Jieun!" Jennie calls out and walks in the living room, Jieun jolted up and jumped in her mother's arm.

"Hey Eomma, I missed you~" Jieun snuggles on her neck and pecked her cheek.

Jisoo smiles softly when she sees the sight, she bowed to Jungkook and Tae and greeted them with a warm smile "Hey" Tae says waving at her.

"Hey sis, what's up? -wait, you look tired. you okay?" Taehyung asked. Jisoo was fidgeting and Jieun noticed that, she walks to her and hugged her too. "hi mom, is there any problem?"

"No.. not at all, Jennie ate something bad.. she needs to rest cause we have a client to meet later" Jisoo excused and they can only agree.

"Oh no.. please rest well Eomma" Jieun says worriedly.

"it's okay Baby, I'm going to be fine" Jennie reassured her and walked up the stairs, Jisoo excused herself and followed Jennie and guided her.

once she enters the room, Jisoo locked the door and Jennie flopped down on the bed kicking off her shoes.