Chapter 8: Picture

Jieun's POV

it's saturday, but Eomma is busy working. aish, why can't we mever spend time together during weekends? it makes me a little sad that she works so much even though we have so much money.

I do understand why she's doing this, as a single parent she just wanted to prove that she's enough and I don't quite get why.

but I can't complain, I want my mom to make her feel that I am happy for what she's doing but the past three days she's acting weird lately like something is bothering her, maybe because of work again? *sigh*

I'm slowly getting used to it and today some boxes are coming from our old house, we have a lot of stuff and some are not important but we left the ones where we kept my baby pictures and old things
Eomma owns.

"Oh god, this is so heavy"
one of the delivery boys says as he carries the box down stairs to the storage room.

"This is the last box Ma'am"
another guy told me carrying another box down the storage.

"Thank you sir!" I waved once they left.

"Jieun-ah, what's your pass code again!?" Yeonwoo asked, yes she's here. I called her to come here because her parents got in a fight and she said she didn't want to hear any of it.

"12377!" I shouted back. she's using my phone, I have lots of games in my phone and she plays with it a lot.

"Unnie, I'll just be in the storage room" I said once I got to my room.

"it already came? I'll come with you, I wanna see your baby pictures" she says standing up rushing to the storage room.

I chuckled and followed her. there were only three boxes but they were big.

Yeonwoo was already rummaging through the stuff as if she owns it but I don't mind.

"Yah! is this you? woah! is this your Mom!?" I furrowed my eyebrows and walked over to see what she was talking about.

My eyes widen when i saw my mom showing so much skin in a magazine, Yes she models when she was young but I haven't seen this one. I grabbed it from her, throwing it back inside the box.

"Uhh, I guess we shouldn't look through this one" I said and closed the box where I think my Mom owns.

Yeonwoo shrugs and we looked through the other boxes.

finally we found the album where my baby pics are kept and Unnie would say I'm so cute and pretty, I don't know how to explain this but why do I feel something in my stomach?

after looking through all the pictures in the other albums I looked through the boxes where they kept my old nintendo. I hope it still works.

"yes" I muttered once it opens. I thought it broke after dropping it so many times I can't believe this still works, Uncle Tae gave me this as a present when I was seven.

"What's this?" I looked over my shoulder to see Yeonwoo shaking a small chest, I got curioused and put down my nintendo.

"give me" I said. she gives me it and I examine it properly, I have never seen this in my whole life.

I shook it and it sounds like it has so many stuff inside.

"wait, I think we have a lock pick on that drawer" I said and yes I found a lockpick.

"Jinjja, let me do it." Unnie said and i gave her the box and the lockpick when she saw me struggling.

"there" she gives me the box and it's full of old pics and dusty cute little stuff.